Is this a Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received this email from someone claiming to be with DPX and that I have a chance to purchase the Limited edition DPX folder. I am a bit leary of this so I am attaching the email so maybe someone can tell me if this is legit or not.
LE DPx HEST Folder--Email sent on 12/16/10 was returned as "undeliverable"

Sent By:
"DPx Sales" <dpxinfo@gmail.com> On: Dec 12/29/10 4:09 PM

To: noeesparza@comcast.net

Dear Noe,
It was brought to my attention that an email sent to you from customerservice@dpxgear.com was returned as "undeliverable" so I'm sending you this email from a gmail account hoping your comcast account will accept it.
Since a few of the Limited Edition DPx HEST Folders have become available and you had expressed an interest in purchasing a LE/Folder and were also placed on a waiting list in November, we didn't want you to miss out if you are still interested.
Please send me an email and copy customerservice@dpxgear.com and let me know if you would like to purchase a LE/Folder. If you are, then I will forward your email to the Order Department.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

Seems fake to me. What does "Please send me an email and copy customerservice@dpxgear.com" even mean?

Someone needs to proof read and check grammar before sending out scam emails.

It means to reply to the Gmail account the message was sent from and to CC that message to the DPx customer service address.

It seems reasonable to me, given that they know your name and email. They already have your email address, so it's not like replying is going to expose you to a spambot.

I went through the same sniff test and even sent an email to ryp. Its the real deal holeyfield.

I'll go check my email to be sure later tonight.

its legit. The zoe email keeps bouncing so we sent one via gmail. Anyone selling limited editions DPx HEST/F is known to me and all customers are eyeballed by me. Those that are selling DPx Gear and are not me or my crew....will be contacted by a knock on their front door at 3am.
:))

I have comcast service. I have had to set up alternate emails to communicate with some people out there because I wouldn't get their emails even though they were getting mine. Until recently the only high speed internet available here was comcast, I'm tempted to cough up the extra twenty bucks a month for the new fiber optic option.

Seems fake to me. What does "Please send me an email and copy customerservice@dpxgear.com" even mean?

Someone needs to proof read and check grammar before sending out scam emails.

copy == carbon copy == send to another email address for their information but not directly to their attention.

$@!% magnets, how do they work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back