Is This An Early Busse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Came across tgis thing on the exchange, the guy owned it for years, but had limited info about the knife. There isnt any identifying marks on the blade.
Bur to mee it looks like very early Busse I seen somewhere.
Looks to me like NMFSNO and BURP had a kid.
Opinions from U Hogs that been around longer are welcome.IMG_1252.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpeg
    IMG_1253.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 7
Guess I qualify as being around a while. I’ve never seen anything like that out of the Busse shop. I see the features that would lead to the comparisons though.

Jerry would know for sure...
but I seriously doubt it based on this 1 pic
(Edit- 2 pix)

Pretty sure that is being used on eBay to sell a Busse knockoff, I think that might be the title of the auction.

No its not advertized as a Busse...

If it has a Talon Hole, then it's advertised as a Busse--

simply because the Talon hole is a registered Busse trademark.

It caught your eye as "looks like very early Busse" for a reason.

Trademarks are universal and identify your product as being yours 100% of the time without having to be explicitly told, hey this is "BUSSE COMBAT COMPANY" blade.

Good trademarks are iconic and instantly recognizable and have to be protected and defended.

The Talon hole, no doubt, triggered you subliminally, "BUSSE", or in your case, maybe BUSSE-- exactly for that reason.

For example, what would you expect you were buying if you saw this on the label:

1689512202146.png

Last edited:
If it has a Talon Hole, then it's advertised as a Busse--

simply because the Talon hole is a registered Busse trademark.

It caught your eye as "looks like very early Busse" for a reason.

Trademarks are universal and identify your product as being yours 100% of the time without having to be explicitly told, hey this is "BUSSE COMBAT COMPANY" blade.

Good trademarks are iconic and instantly recognizable and have to be protected and defended.

The Talon hole, no doubt, triggered you subliminally, "BUSSE", or in your case, maybe BUSSE-- exactly for that reason.

For example, what would you expect you were buying if you saw this on the label:

View attachment 2253814
That’s a great point Petey. I didn’t know that Busse had a “talon hole” feature patent. Has anyone ever seen the definition ?

Edit: answered my own question

Last edited:
That is not a Busse knife.

Just a cheap clone looking thing.

Last edited:
That is a cheap Knock-Off. E-Bay has been flooded with these recently. I usually send a link directly to Jerry and I guess they immediately contact E-Bay to have the fraudulent items removed. These are usually originated from Pakistan. The folders are usually from China. I guess when you have a really successful operation, everyone wants a piece of that success. LOL.

Surfsidemel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back