Is this Benchmade 940 Osborne authentic?

IMG-8047.jpg
IMG-8046.jpg
IMG-8045.jpg
IMG-8044.jpg
IMG-8047.jpg

I really wish something could be done to stop the flow of fake knives into the market. It’s getting to the point I don’t even trust authorized dealers anymore and will most likely only buy from Benchmade directly.

I really wish something could be done to stop the flow of fake knives into the market. It’s getting to the point I don’t even trust authorized dealers anymore and will most likely only buy from Benchmade directly.
authorized dealers like BHQ and knifecenter are fine, just don't buy second hand knives coming in at prices that are too good to be true considering the state of the knife, or get informed on forums like these before you do so, like I did. But yeah Benchmade especially is one of the most cloned knife brands out there, if not the most cloned, same for Gerber and several recurring others.

authorized dealers like BHQ and knifecenter are fine, just don't buy second hand knives coming in at prices that are too good to be true considering the state of the knife, or get informed on forums like these before you do so, like I did. But yeah Benchmade especially is one of the most cloned knife brands out there, if not the most cloned, same for Gerber and several recurring others.
Unfortunately I have to disagree with you. I purchased a carbon fiber Bugout from an authorized dealer and after a while of owning it I started to notice something just wasn’t right. Come to find out someone purchased the knife and replaced it with a counterfeit and returned it. Now I paid full price for a fake.

I feel dealers should have a no return policy to protect the consumer. There’s no way the customer service person at Bass Pro, Cabelas or REI can tell if they are taking back a legitimate product. Hell, I doubt BHQ could tell and just puts it back on the shelf so the next guy gets screwed.

Kittery Trading Post in Maine has a no return policy on Benchmade and Microtech just for this reason and I applaud them for that.

I did just buy a Mini Adria from a dealer, however I feel pretty safe with the purchase because of the new packaging and being a new release I doubt the counterfeiters have had a chance to get the fakes out yet.

Mac

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you. I purchased a carbon fiber Bugout from an authorized dealer and after a while of owning it I started to notice something just wasn’t right. Come to find out someone purchased the knife and replaced it with a counterfeit and returned it. Now I paid full price for a fake.

I feel dealers should have a no return policy to protect the consumer. There’s no way the customer service person at Bass Pro, Cabelas or REI can tell if they are taking back a legitimate product. Hell, I doubt BHQ could tell and just puts it back on the shelf so the next guy gets screwed.

Kittery Trading Post in Maine has a no return policy on Benchmade and Microtech just for this reason and I applaud them for that.

I did just buy a Mini Adria from a dealer, however I feel pretty safe with the purchase because of the new packaging and being a new release I doubt the counterfeiters have had a chance to get the fakes out yet.

Mac
If that’s true it’s crazy. Which dealer even was that?

Back