Is this guy doing more harm than good?

A big advantage of the shotgun is that it is a relatively simple weapon system. KISS guides a lot of my gear selections - particularly if they are SD/HD gear items.

Well, yes and no. One of the reasons I like shotguns is that they are versatile- and versatility isn't always inherently simple (though the firearm itself usually is.)

The only accessory a shotgun needs is a sling, and that is debatable.

It's a holster for you shotgun. I consider them crucial. But sidesaddles or butt cuffs of various sorts can be very useful. And I'm fond of bayonet mounts, but that's from previous experience. I don't go for anything appending from the slide, at all. I also don't like pistol grips and folding stocks are just there to make you look like an untrained "spray and pray" third worlder. :/

For the record, 870's have the safety in the wrong place and the feed ramp works as an effective finger pincher. I'll keep my 500. I also do most of my hunting with 12ga singles.

+1 - I don't have a problem with the feed ramp (then again, I also shoot a model 11 sometimes), The safety placement is my main issue with the 870. I have hunted most with a .410 single but generally prefer 20ga. My 12ga brush gun packs a bit of pain in there.

Plus, I live in a non-violent society and I like my fellow man so I recognize my weirdness.
I found this thread searching an unrelated keyword. Just wondering if kgd kgd is still around and still feels the same way. 13 years can change minds. Hope not, I like this sentiment. Just wondering.

I found this thread searching an unrelated keyword. Just wondering if kgd kgd is still around and still feels the same way. 13 years can change minds. Hope not, I like this sentiment. Just wondering.
I'm guessing you won't get a reply in the necro-revival.

wYi9A8h.jpg

Its Creek Stewart’s video. After this much time, I would hope that everybody on this thread and anybody that wants to seriously learn about survival and self sufficiency knows that name.

Creek has good knowledge and does a good job of sharing it and teaching.

As to a shotgun as a survival tool, excellent choice for most people, definitely multipurpose.

Its Creek Stewart’s video. After this much time, I would hope that everybody on this thread and anybody that wants to seriously learn about survival and self sufficiency knows that name.

Creek has good knowledge and does a good job of sharing it and teaching.

As to a shotgun as a survival tool, excellent choice for most people, definitely multipurpose.

Agreed. I didn't watch the entire video yet (I was away from Bladeforums when this topic was active), but it was interesting to see Creek from so long ago. His presentation is so much more polished now that's it's almost a different person. I don't know about Creek from back then, but current day Creek is highly skilled, has plenty of good knowledge to share, and is a good teacher.

Back