Is Your Most Expensive Knife Your Favorite Knife?

With regard to folders, I recently considered this question and realized I had a few expensive (to me) knives just sitting on a shelf that weren't my favorites, never got carried, and which I primarily owned just to own. Therefore, I sold my Chris Reeve and Strider knives and contented myself with the $150-$250 sweet spot users which I prefer. It was a surprisingly painless experience and I don't get that "dead weight" twinge I used to have looking at my knife shelf.

-And my favorite knife still isn't my most expensive! :D

My favorites also tend to be at the lower end of the price spectrum. There are the RAT-1s, Spydercos, Beckers and a bunch of Emersons - especially the CQC-8..

My favorites are also the ones that are either discontinued, special to be for things we've been through together or otherwise unique to me. These include a SH Battle Mistress, Becker BK15, a Busse Basic #7 and some One Piece Range knives from Chris Reeve.

Like others, I have more expensive knives that sit in the save much of the time.

My favorites are a Bark River Woodland & a micarta Beer Scout, which are with me all the time, except for important social events, like our weekly trip to Wal Mart & such. For those times I'll carry the Beer Scout & the Sebenza 25, which is my most expensive.:)

My most expensive folder is my favorite and my edc.
IMG_2423_zpsyloarnke.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My most expensive is a CRK Umnumzaan, but it's not my favorite. In terms of single-blade one-hand openers, my favorite is my 2nd-most expensive and is my general EDC, my large plain-Jane CRK Insingo. And I do use it.

I also love several Spydercos, including my Military, FFG Delica, Salts, etc. Sometimes I'll switch out my Insingo for a Spyderco. I've also got my eye on an S35VN, G10 Native 5.

However, on any given day, I tend to get the most use most often out of my SAKs. Which is usually my Executive and my Spartan, both of which are always on me. The Spartan in particular, which cost me around $20 - $25 brand new, sees lots of use. Because in a day, there are tasks besides cutting that come up. I use my clip knife for the rougher cutting tasks. But, if I were forced by some circumstance beyond my control to go with only an SAK, I would not feel under-knifed.

Jim

Last edited:
Maybe I've already responded here but I'm to lazy to go back and look :)

My main EDC is my 3rd most expensive knife..my Protech TR-5 SA.
My favorite and most expensive is my Rat Worx MRX but I can't EDC this auto in Cali.

Yes. My favorite is my Southern Grind Spider Monkey, and it's by far my most expensive knife--2.5 times more than my next most expensive knife cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends how you define favorite. My most expensive knife is my sebenza and I really enjoy using it and I can appreciate the engineering but I mostly carry my m4 paramilitary 2 because it's just a better all around EDC for me. So they're kind of tied for favorite just for different reasons.

Nope I got a CRTK that funny slide scale opening system and I leave it at home 98% of the Time.

My most expensive knife is a William Henry my wife gave me. It s a fine knife but seldom carried. My favorite daily use knife is a PM2. A Manix 2 and an American Lawman are also in my edc rotation
currently.

Back