issues with search function

I seem to have some problems with the search function. it keeps lagging all the time, and wont work, especially when i'm looking for more than one word. i'm using netscape 7.0

anyone else having problems ?

Same problem here. I've been thinking about posting about it. Anything more than 1 word will not work.

maybe we can get it fixed.

Same problem for me also. More than one word and my computer gets a rejection message. Thought there might be a problem but didn't think to post on it until I got frustrated enough.

What are you searching for? Certain terms will lag out the search engine, like "blade" or "knife" since they are used so often.

Hmmm...yeah, it looks like it just depends on the word(s). My original search was something like damascus MOP and it worked fine, but any combination of words with "knife" or "blade" in it seems to just overload the search.

initial search was about plunge lock and microtech [combined]. i tried several things whatever i type with two words [or more] it usually fails.

Lock will probably do it too.

I don't think that's the cause. I get an error when searching with the terms red cross. Those are very uncommon search terms with only a few results.

Rather than just moving this thread to service and support, somebody should fix the problem.

What do you think the Service & Support forum us for? Housecleaning & Pantyhose? Red Cross turned up 273 results for me.

I assumed that this forum was for putting things that were causing problems but I've yet to see any mods saying that they are working on the problem.

I think we would all have more confidence if someone reassured us that the problem was being worked on and not just talked about.

spark, i'm sorry if i offended you. that was not my intention. lock would probably do it to, but i just didn't feel like reading through 20,000 posts about locks.

anyway, it sort of worked yesterday, but just randomly. it was my GUESS that it's about more than one word, it seems i was wrong. probably the search is just lagging. i only wanted to bring this to someone's attention in case that anyone else might have trouble as well. at least i wasn't the only one.

sorry for bring this up. next time i will know better.

regards, Keno

Incomplete information doesn't help me folks. I need to know what you are searching for EXACTLY. If you are using the basic, or advanced search. Are you searching all forums. Etc. The more detail the better.

Advanced search. all forums. 'plunge lock microtech' 'plunge lock strengh' 'plunge lock' are terms that didn't work. the latter worked randomly. over and out.

Back