IT BITES

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rbeggs, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks, that it was, I miss all the knives I've owned :(

[​IMG]IMG_3554 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

2. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    If you ever want to visit a handful of them, take a ride to Syracuse and we'll have a reunion, Gary. ;)

3. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    Stripping wire with an electrician knife. I usually end up with a bunch of small slices on my thumb, but I rarely draw blood.
    [​IMG]

oldmanwilly and Gary W. Graley like this.
  4. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    I'm a carver and have nicked myself several times. Only once that needed stitches. That was a learning incident. About half of my T shirts have little nicks or cuts on the front of them from holding a project too close and a tip got the shirt. Lately I'm more careful and wear one of the cut proof gloves. The longer I carve the more respect I get for the blades. Maybe because I'm getting better at sharpening them. Carve safely guys.

oldmanwilly likes this.
  5. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    16044473701831438852879.jpg
    The Douk Douk just got me...

oldmanwilly likes this.
  6. Bastler

Bastler Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2020
    I got my thumb pretty good at lunch a while back when I was wiping off my knife before I cut a sandwich. I wasn't close to my first aid kit, so I made a field-expedient bandage with a napkin and some clear wrap. It worked so well, that I might get a roll of Saran Wrap to keep in the truck.

Wild Willie and oldmanwilly like this.