It Came From Nepal

not2sharp

Platinum Member
In the tradition of all those colorful 1950s Sci-Fi let's take a moment to look at some of the many odd custom/limited run knives that HI has produced for us over the years. HI offers a truely unique blend of handmade production and custom knifemaking. Let's hope they keep up the good work for many years to come.

n2s

Here is an impressive behemoth produced to a Formite's specs during the first quarter of 2000. It is a massive piece that tops 5/8 inches in thickness.

Attachments

• edd's d-handled khukuri.jpg
    edd's d-handled khukuri.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 216
If my memory serves me correctly -- and that is a very big if -- I think Sanu made this knife.

That's a serious can opener there. Is it called the WW I trench khuk?

I wonder if I could get the good kamis to make a heavy spear head? Socketed or tanged, I don't care which. I know UB will say - well, make a wood model...and I just might.

--Keith

With lugs like a boar spear? I'll have to think on this one. Better yet, a real assegai blade rather than that cold steel stamped stuff.

We won't need a wood model for the assegai -- I've got the CS version which Yangdu uses for a garden tool.

Yeah, that'd be cool as a model, but without the open back. If it were stoutly socketed like a boar spear, it could be employed as a slasher as well...

I have the Arms&Armor version of the boar spear (theym call it a lugged war spear, I think), but I thought the blade should be more leaf-shaped, with a thick midrib extending to the point, and fullers to either side, cuz I'm a fuller-junkie.

-Keith

Thanks for posting the pic, N2S. I've often wondered about all of the fun stuff that the kamis have made that isn't part of the standard product line. Please post more if you've got 'em.

Didn't the kamis make a pole-arm blade for SamuriDave?

S.

Didn't the kamis make a pole-arm blade for SamuriDave?

I kinda need to finish that one up. Almost done, just gotta find the time to put a few finishing touches on it and pay off a few debts. (I think it has been a "future item" on my list for a year now.)

I havent been around because of school, really busy.

I gotta come clean. I have owed Not2sharp a model for going on 6 months now. I want to publicly acknowlege this so it will shame me into getting of my lazy ass and finishing it.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have projects that are two years old I have still not started on.

Back