It has a dark history, but I want to learn more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to be a bowie knife. It is dated 1932 and measures 20". The rest is pretty obvious. Are these common? Do they have value? ant other info would be great. Thanks

Check the rules my friend. No questions about value unless you have a gold membership or above.

I don't know enough about them to offer any info on your particular knife, but I do know that they're faked quite a bit. I'd scrutinize it thoroughly.

I believe the policy is we don't do valuations but it looks correct to the few I've seen similar to it on the net. In my opinion I would say museum quality.

You can't ask about value at your membership level ... though I can't imagine why anyone would want one.

And brass spines on Bowies are a 1930-1940 invention. Historically inaccurate. Fake. And racist.

Umm... am I missing something? What is the KKKK?

In the 30s, did they just keep writing Ks until they ran out of space?

Also: knives aren’t racist. People are. Knives are inanimate.

I believe the first K is for Knights. As in Knights of the...

I generally like the darker parts of history. Mankind's potential for and general acceptance of atrocity is fascinating.

We're not quite far enough removed from this particular form of nonsense for me to consider it a collectible though. When that organization is just a joke, an absurdity from some distant past I think it might be an interesting display item. I'd happily take a Mongol bow if you've got one though. :D

This
giphy.gif

Playing the devils advocate here.
History should never be forgotten and should be preserved else we are doomed to relive it.
It's just a knife, imagine how many were made and used but never identified as evil with markings seen here?
All too often the offended are trying to remove history instead of understand it so it won't be repeated.
Remember the 3 monkeys, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

I know el zilcho about the hate group, but I do know it’s a part of our history. That is the only way I see it. I don’t endorse the group just think it’s a cool looking knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back