It looks like the price increase now includes the Ritter knives...

I had finally made up my mind to get a black Ritter Mini Grip with the coated blade. They have been out of stock for awhile at KnifeWorks.
I looked yesterday and they are finally back in stock. The difference is, they use to to be $119.00. Now they are $139.00.... :mad:

This makes the Ritter knives about the same price as ordering a Custom Grip. I know it is only a $20 increase, but as we have discussed in other threads, when you have a knife you have been thinking about getting, and you know what the price is, and then you go to the website to order one, and you see the price has increased by $20, it is now not as appealing :grumpy:

I totally agree, maybe you can scoop one up here on the exchange. They pop up from time to time and usually for a decent price. I picked up a large ritter grip here on the exchange for a very good price.

OP, according to Benchmade, the prices have not gone up. ;)

I bought my mini Ritter at KW about a month ago and it was $119. Now it's up to $124.95 :rolleyes:

Our price levels have not changed. Our dealer base and customers of all shapes and sizes are of the utmost importance to us and we will continue to pursue the best possible avenues to support them. Please know that we are listening and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me if you have further comments.

Derrick Lau
dlau@benchmade.com

I thought that the Ritters were never discounted - am I mis-remembering? If that's right, then that's an actual MSRP increase?

I thought that the Ritters were never discounted - am I mis-remembering? If that's right, then that's an actual MSRP increase?

That's accurate, the Ritter was $119 or something like that, this is a marginal increase by KnifeWorks, IMO, and not a MSRP issue. Roger owns exclusive rights on these models...and I would still pay the price just-for-that-blade.

That's accurate, the Ritter was $119 or something like that, this is a marginal increase by KnifeWorks, IMO, and not a MSRP issue. Roger owns exclusive rights on these models...and I would still pay the price just-for-that-blade.

It's about a 4% increase. Meh.

At least it's not 30%. Overnight.

Edit: I checked out a google cache of that page from 2 days ago and the black blade mini was in fact $119 and today is $139. Odd because coated blades are usually always more than non coated, plus the standard Ritter grip uncoated used to be $129 and the black blade was $145. I do remember that not long ago when checking out the full size Ritters. Maybe they felt like they were undercharging for the black coated mini before. Who knows...

Last edited:
OP, according to Benchmade, the prices have not gone up. ;)

I bought my mini Ritter at KW about a month ago and it was $119. Now it's up to $124.95 :rolleyes:

LOL... Ya, I remember reading that :D I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but when we all know what the prices were on a certain model, and now the numbers are bigger, I'm a thinkin the prices went up

That's true, but the price increase on other knives we have been discussing for awhile now, have been around $30, so even a $20 increase seems a little steep in one shot IMO.
Before the price increase, that isn't a price increase happened, a basic Mini Grip could be had for around $85, sometimes less. The Ritter Mini Grip at the old price of $119, was about $30 more. I guess that's a reasonable difference for S30V and the unique blade shape. Now the difference appears to be closer to $40...
I agree about the blade because it's the only way you can get that style. It can't even be had through the Customizing program, and the other good thing about the Ritter's is, a portion of the $$$ goes to Knife Rights....

Again guys. Make your dissatisfaction known by not purchasing the product. This is true for any and all products and services. Don't like it for whatever reason, vote with your wallet. It's only a matter of time that the light-bulb will come on to the company. If we all bitch and moan about it and continue to purchase said product, what's the company's motivation for doing anything about "the problem"? Seriously guys. Think about it. You're tired of paying a bunch of coin for major sporting events? Stop buying tickets and merchandise. It's really that simple.

That being said, as much as I don't like the price, I'm getting me that 531. What an awesome looking knife that is. I hope it looks half as good in person as it does online.

Cue the "Ritter QC has gone downhill and the knives weren't worth that much anyways" threads. :)

Strange the price on the Benchmade fixed blade Ritter did not increase? Looks like a dealer price bump on just the folders. I doubt this one came from Benchmade. But I could be wrong.

Again guys. Make your dissatisfaction known by not purchasing the product. This is true for any and all products and services. Don't like it for whatever reason, vote with your wallet. It's only a matter of time that the light-bulb will come on to the company. If we all bitch and moan about it and continue to purchase said product, what's the company's motivation for doing anything about "the problem"? Seriously guys. Think about it. You're tired of paying a bunch of coin for major sporting events? Stop buying tickets and merchandise. It's really that simple.

That being said, as much as I don't like the price, I'm getting me that 531. What an awesome looking knife that is. I hope it looks half as good in person as it does online.

Can't we B&M and not buy??? :D

Back