It official folks!

Thanks to bovice786 I am officially part of the CRK club! Got it in today and I can say it is everything I hoped it would be and more. I think I can see a large Inkosi DP in my future. And maybe an Umnumzaan.....:D this thing is plain sexy. The size, that insingo blade and whoever put this mirror edge on it...perfect.
RXDz5UI.jpg

And so it begins... Congrats and good luck! I would however offer one thought for your consideration. If I was in your position (as I was a while ago) and knew what I know now, I’d go for the black micarta inlay models. They fill the hand better, the inlays cut back significantly on the degree to which the scales can pick up snail trails, the black micarta doesn’t show dirt or oil-driven color changes and the micarta models (unlike the wood inlay models) can be re-blasted during spa treatments to re-establish “like new” scale condition. My only (IMO) mistake was not starting with black micarta inlay models right from the very start.

Last edited:
I do love micarta and I bet it really helps ergos but I just really love the look and feel of a plain scaled titanium knife.

On the path, no bad choices with CRK's ... buy what appeals to you!

Glad you're enjoying it! I have to say I was tempted to keep that one AND the micarta inlay that I had purchased for comparison. As for the edge, celi8071 may be able to take the credit but I'm not sure if there was a previous owner before him.

I'd say the addiction is real because I now have a brand new large 21. It's a slippery slope...

Glad you're enjoying it! I have to say I was tempted to keep that one AND the micarta inlay that I had purchased for comparison. As for the edge, celi8071 may be able to take the credit but I'm not sure if there was a previous owner before him.

I'd say the addiction is real because I now have a brand new large 21. It's a slippery slope...

That's funny I just bought a maxamet para 3 from him haha I should have it monday. Maybe I shoulda asked him to polish it up :D I was on the fence with CR stuff for a couple weeks deciding if I wanted to drop that kinda cash. Then I realized, yes, of course I do. I already know at least 2 more that I'll get eventually.

I guess the biggest thing is getting used to it not being a real flicker type knife. I mean I can get it to open quick but it just feels like that wasnt the way it was meant to be opened. Like a slower precision built piece of machinery. And that lock bar certainly isn't going anywhere unless I want it to, that thing is solid as hell.

Congrats. I too just got back into the family after a 6 year hiatus. They're great knives.

Congratulations on your first CRK and being drawn down the rabbit hole. ;)

I do love micarta and I bet it really helps ergos but I just really love the look and feel of a plain scaled titanium knife.

My first two Sebenzas we plain. I sold them off a while ago and now am back with a micarta. I'm not saying that I regret the micarta, but the lines and simplicity of the pj, to me, is so attractive. Maybe I'll get a drop point pj next....after a Mnandi.

Congrats! I bet you can already feel your checkbook getting lighter in the next year or so ;)

This will end badly... for your wallet, that is. ;-)

Congrats on the first of what I'm sure will be many, many CRKs to grace your pocket!

To wit, I thought that I'd be happy with just my KA CF small Sebbie when I purchased it all those years ago...

As you can see, I was wrong. (And I'm currently on the list for a micarta-inlay 31... ugh.)

Regards,
Adam

Back