It only takes one to get started....

....then it escalates! Just thought I'd post a pix of how, in a span of about 4 months the collecting 'bug' takes hold & consumes your spare time & funds!;) Looks like I can fit 2 more 110's then it's time to purchase another display case! Let's see...some more Alpha Hunters, a Adrenaline-Ti, Revolution-XT, some 475's, a couple of 532's and definitely more 110's, & maybe a Brian Yellowhorse and .... Hhhmmmnnn, maybe 2 display cases!

You don't like 110's do you? You have some beautiful knives. I see you have a 532, if you ever come across a 535 I recommend it. It is possibly the nicest Buck ever made. It is a double lockback and has the same detail work as the 532. Unforunately they stop making it about 5 years ago. I would love to see another picture of your knives in another 4 months.;)

NICE Collection - NICE Case!!!!!

Can I ask where you picked up the display case? How well does the foam hold the knives in place? Are there provisions for hanging the display on the wall? If it were to be hung, would the knives stay in place??

Obviously I am in the market for some new displays - anyone else want to add some comments or suggestions... I'm listening!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

peter 78 - I love those 110's! The 532 & a couple of the others were gotten with the help of Jake Evans who 'turned me on' to Buck knives! I'll try looking for a 535; that should keep me busy.

pahl & Gypsy9590 - Thanks for the compliments; it's a start! The case was purchased from www.meadowsdisplaycases.com They have a large range of sizes & woods (although oak & walnut seem to be in stock); two thicknesses - 2" & 3"; seem to be well constructed; have key locking latches; & come with notched brackets for wall hanging. They come with a thick foam & a thin colored foam so there can be some adjustment for thinner/thicker items. I haven't hung my case on the wall but from all indications, the knives should stay in place! Check them out - I'd reorder when the time comes.

Clydetz...

Thanks for the help! THey DO sound like what I've ben looking for. I'm gonna have to go take a look.

Buckcustom:
Well I ain't gettin' any younger so I figured I'd jump in with both feet!:D :D

One of my tricks for displaying 110s is to put a piece of parting stock(clear fir 3/4" X 5/8" X length) under the first layer of foam. This builds a hidden shelf you can rest the bolster of an open 110 on. I have 10 to a case, 2 rows of 5. Before the hidden shelf the 110s had a habit of creeping down in the case over time. I also added elastic loops for the handle end by punching through all the layers with an icepick, then threading the black elastic across that whole section of the case. I also covered the foam with some nice red cloth. They don't go anywhere now unless I want them to.:D

Thanks for the tip, Jake! That really makes sense as my concern was that the weight of the knife would be held by the foam but 'slide' down along the glass. I like that hidden shelf idea! Do you find that cloth is better contact for the knife than the actual foam?

You have a great collection going there! Just in case, you might want to check the 532 to see if it is one of the very rare, "offset file marks" versions. If it is, the file marks will not line up with each other side to side. They are off quite a bit and we only let about 1100 out of the plant like that. I have since only seen two of them resurface.
Good luck with the next 4 months!

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the compliment and info. I checked the 532 and the file marks line up perfectly - no 'rarity' in my collection, yet! The next 4 months of collecting Bucks is going 'full steam ahead'!

Back