It Started With A "Cricket"

First Post!
Hi everyone!
I just had to join this forum as an outlet for my new addiction. Spyderco knives. I went to the knife shop and a wonderful little knife caught my eye. I asked to see it and I was in love. It was a "Cricket". I have several knives, in fact I am a collector. The sharpest knife I have ever bought, right out of the box was the Cricket. I was intrigued. Two weeks later I decided that I needed a larger carry knife. With the Cricket on my waistband I went back to the knife shop and bought a Delica, plain edge. Now I had two. A couple of weeks passed and I decided that I needed a medium size carry knife, something between the Cricket and the Delica. So, back I went, and the Dragonfly was mine. These are great knives. The more I read, the more I want. The Harpy sounds interesting.
smile.gif

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the
system we live in.

Will, welcome aboard. The path of the Spyderco addict is long and hard (Rc59-61) and fraught with temptation, but leads up thru poverty to contented collecting!
biggrin.gif

Will,

Your following in a similar way to what happened to me. Your next one will have to be a Native, then on to the bigger spydies...
smile.gif

sing
AKTI #A000356

Yea, it starts with one.

First it was a Worker serr.
then
Worker plain
Q
Calypso jr
Ladybug
Starmate
Jess horn lightweight
Standard g10
Endura
Centofante
Delica
BF Matriarch
Harpy g10

And it's never enough, I want more.

------------------
p1445
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.

Sing,
The "Native" is a possibility, however I can't seem to get the "Harpy" out of my mind. It's going to be that or this great custom folder the shop has. Carbon fiber handles, thin stainless blade, and one hand opening. It really is a great knife. At this late hour, I can't seem to remember the brand name. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the
system we live in.

Back