51240975717_519b72e7c6_c.jpg

Â

One more 😏

A very simple and efficent coltellino :

51246124966_a029c285ab_c.jpg

51246883539_8528c92545_c.jpg

Â
Nice (small?) knife!! :thumbsup:

These are smaller knives. The left is a hand-forged, unmarked, somewhat crude friction folder, and the one on the right is a production Senese pattern from Conaz Inox. The makers have both chosen the horn, to show off the split in color that you see in horn sometimes, to good effect!!Village 1.jpg
(That ugly scratch is on my scanner's glass - an old story!!)

Here is a well made, working knife, for the Sailor or Horticulturalist!! Made by Ausonia, in Maniago, this neat knife is no longer in their catalogue!! Full round, comfortable wood handles, over 3 7/8 long with a firm backspring, this simple knife has a lot going for it!
When the liners and bolsters extend well past the pivot, you get extra strength at the joint!! Look for this in a working knife, IMO!!
Expensive Horticultural tools have this feature!! This old knife cost little more than pocket change, so punches well above its weight!!:p:cool:Ausonia 1.jpg

By the way a good friend of mine asked me way some of the Pattada knives have a blade taller than the handle . Here is the reason :

Â

REALLY? :rolleyes: I would never - ever - have guessed that was intentional. STILL - I would never ask for such an aid, I think it would create more bloody problems - than be helpful. I like my folding knife blades completely tucked away in their "sheaths" - er - handles. Speaking of sheaths, I guess if you carried such a knife in a dedicated thick bottom slip, tip down, it would be safe enough with the user being fully aware of its specialty. ;) Thank you  for the demonstration. Man you learn something every day.
:thumbsup:
:)

Last edited:
waynorth waynorth the great enabler..... I had somewhat briefly forgotten about traditional Italian knives and this thread rekindled my desire for a traditional Gobbo...... From my very limited knowledge of Italian regional knives is that to be truly authentic, they must come from that particular region. Well, I managed a handful that are made by Conaz/Consigli in Scarperia, so maybe not perfectly traditional, but for the time being they do the trick. I just wish I could find these knives in carbon steel instead of 420.

The long coveted Gobbo Abruzzese

Back