Pictures here! It's been a LONG while since I was here last...

Well the story goes that life took over, I got into firearms and bladeforums decided to not participate with tapatalk anymore. Being the ever so busy guy I am I lost touch with bladeforums. I've been on here under one name or another for the last i want to say 18 or 19 years? Anyways, i got my carry permit as well in the last two years and that has been quite the adventure! Other parts of life are just as busy.

Anyways, john made me this knife maybe 8 or 9 years ago i want to say. Maybe 7? It's definitely not been longer than that. It's been in the woods with me, through town every once in a while. It was my first real fixed blade and definitely a learning experience. I remember sending him the plans i had drawn up for it and getting it for christmas. I was so excited to have a knife that somebody else made for me from my own design, color choices, etc. My knife tastes have always been changing as i learned (i've been at this for 20 years...) about knives, blade locks, geometry, etc. You'd think after 40 something knives i've tried for EDC i would have settled on one (i finally have, yay!) and fixed blades were no exception. This knife is super stout, chops well and inspires confidence in it's ability not to break. What i wish i did different was chosen a thinner steel. Not to say the knife doesn't cut well, but my thinking at the time was thicker is stronger and stronger is better. Besides that, the knife is amazing. Hmm, that sounds wrong. It's not that i don't like the knife for it's thick blade, i just know what thinner blades are capable of as well and sometimes it has trouble filling that role. Maybe it needs a scandi grind?

The knife is 01 tool steel. The way i understand it it was the first of it's kind to have had requested by me a snap for the sheath and my initials on it. I could be wrong on that first part, but i remember the phone conversation and i think it was... The wood is maple burl. The liners WERE a royal blue color but from use and such have turned closer to a navy blue. Solid brass pins.

It still sharpens up nice and has a nice patina. I've added my touch to it taking out the scratches on the blade from grinding and the scratches on the wood handle from the belt sander. I like adding my own touches. What a knife! The only other fixed blade i carry that's worthy of mention is an ESEE 4 in venom green/orange. But that knife doesn't have the same time and effort put into it as a JK does.

I will add photo's in a bit...

Last edited:
20181022_075755 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr
20181022_075801 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr
20181022_075814 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr
20181022_075837 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr
20181022_075848 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr
20181022_080025 by Christopher Wilson, on Flickr

You'd think being a photographer i would take the time to get better photo's than cell phone with crappy lighting... if you have any requests feel free to post them. If requested, later on i will take detailed photo's and post them up. Thanks!

Good to see you again, glad that the knife is still serving you well.

Back