It's not a car hood but....

Well I'm a computer guy for a living, anyway...

I was working on a computer at home today and I found out the Motherboard was a useless piece of crap. Not to mention, the case was also crap. This annoyed me to no end.

SOOO...

So I picked up my cold steel recon tanto and stabbed it violently right though the case and motherboard. Now that is the best relief for computer related stress.

The knife was not damaged, aside from scratches in the black coating... not bad i'd say.

I still say Cold Steel is an excellent hard use knife, escpeically for the $$.

DISCLAIMER:
I DO NOT STAB PEOPLE WHEN I GET MAD!

I've been tempted many a time to do something similar, but with my
S&W .357.

I dont know Nate, if I'm going to shoot a gun at a computer (Which I have done in the past), My remington 870 loaded with 5 rounds of 00 buckshot will do alot more damage then a .357!

Ah yes, the Cold Steel method of computer technical support :D This goes right on up there with the "percussive repair technique" too. LOL

You guys should see what 15 shots of 155gr Cor-Bon JHP fired from a Glock 10mm model 20 will do to a tower AND monitor!.:D.:eek:.:D.:eek:.

This reminds me of the movie "Office Space". Check it out and watch what those clowns do the that fax machine.

We blew the snot out of an old laptop with an AR-15 once. So much fun. :)

We also took down a big old TV with a .45, and a vacuum cleaner with a variety of weapons. The best, of course, is to shoot college textbooks you can't sell back.

Never tried it with a knife. Some of those cases are really tough, and I'm not entirely sure I would want to try and stab one. Sounds like a good test for Man vs. Robot combat. :)

-- Rob

bmcneil,
I am ROTFLMAO:D!
I simply cannot put a numerical value to the number of times I've wanted to do that to the laptop and home puter!
You've done it and I almost feel as good as if I did it myself.
Thanks for the vicarious vent buddy!:D

Kraton handles have a high insulation value so you don't even have to unplug it... although the Carbon V blade might tend to create an arc. One of CS's original tanto ads included a testimonial from someone who used his to cut heavy copper cable... until he tried it on a live wire and basically destroyed the blade... but the kraton kept him from serious harm. Oh, I believe CS replaced the tanto, too, under warranty.
PS Don't try this at home....:)

I remember being at a DECUS (computer user) conference about 15 years ago, and at a forum having one person say "I get to do to my computers what you've always wanted to do to yours."

Seems he worked at Los Alamos, and programmed the computers that were embedded with the underground nuclear blasts, to send telemetry right up to the last millisecond.

Fie on your puny knives and guns!

wait till I get my ak-74....my mossberg 12 ga 835 and my recon tanto....then u could see some damage....i agree the recon tanto is a great knife ive stabbed through alot of metal with it including a hood of a tractor(which didnt have an engine in it:D )

My Glock is only a "17" so with 9mm Para, but I do have a 31 cap mag :D (besides my 17 and 19 capacities). With that much "small" holes (and the fan still working) it can still be used to dry the laundry ...

Concurr, I had a Cold Steel Recon Tanto and thought what the heck, I needed a few holes in our burn barrel, so I stabbed into the bottom of the 55 gallon drum about 15 times with no visible edge damage, some of the black coating was scraped but that was expected! Nice job on the steel and shaping of that point...;)

G2

Back