It's official!

Scott,
Thanks ,brother I appreciate your support and advice very much.
I tend to listen intently to guys like you who have paved the way for guys like me.
I hear you on the back up plan, I hope I don't have to resort to it but I have one.
Iz

Congrats Iz, glad to hear you made the move to full time maker, best wishes my friend.
Dale

Congrats Iz, glad to hear you made the move to full time maker, best wishes my friend.
Dale

Dale,
Thanks, brother. It means a lot. We need to do another grind in this winter or maybe head to the woods.

Congrats Iz. You're in a new dimension. Best of luck.
Mike
Mike,
Thanks, man. It's a new dimension for sure, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. There's not enough hours in the day so far.:( But that's a good thing, I just need to get faster without letting quality suffer.
Iz

Congratulations my friend. You're off to the races now!

You ain't just woofin', brother. I thought I was a lot faster at this than I really am so far. :eek:
I have no earthly idea how you turn out as many knives as you do, you are superman! I mean it, I'm jealous like you can't believe.:D
I'm getting faster but I'm still a long way from where I want to be.
Thanks, Andy. I owe a whole bunch of this to you and I appreciate it very much.
Hopefully I can repay your kindness someday.
Iz

Do everything in batches. For example, every grit belt pulls on the steel differently. Grind everything to 80 grit, then move up. Makes for long days doing boring stuff, but also makes the most efficent batch.

Also. Now that you're full time, notice things that suck in your shop and write them down. Miserable time. Irritation that happens again and again. Spend a few hours every monday improving them. Gets you into your week, and the cumulative benefits start stacking up real quick. Make yourself a clean room to do tasks that don't create dust. That way for a few hours you can leave your mask off.

Awesome! I'm gonna start next week with a bigger batch. It makes total sense, not as many belt changes, stopping and coming back, etc.
I know I've said this but I'm gonna say it again.........
YOU ROCK!:cool:
I'm slow now, I'm averaging about one knife every two days.:( I want to get it up to one a day on average. We'll see.
Thanks again, brother for all your generosity.
Iz

Andy,
I talked to Scott Gossman today and he said the same thing you did.
"Get a kmg and rotary platen as soon as possible.":D
Great minds and all that.
Iz

Back