It's ready....the NEW LaGana VTAC: pricing, specs, and wonderful pics by Shelby Chan

Born on the American frontier, refined in Vietnam, and perfected during the War on Terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq, the NEW LaGana Tactical Tomahawk sets the highest standard of performance among compact, lightweight axes. Its NEW shock-absorbing, modified nylon handle flexes under extreme torque while maintaining rock-solid attachment to the forged head. The new sheath provides versatile LBE carry, including weapon sling adaptability.

It’s the strongest, lightest, most functional Tomahawk we have ever produced…it’s the finest tool, the fiercest weapon, and the foremost thrower we have ever designed…it’s the best value we have ever offered…it’s simply the best “extreme-use” axe you can purchase, dollar for dollar…and we’ve reduced the price nearly 25% for a limited time, making it the most affordable Tactical Tomahawk we have ever sold with these features.

100% Made in the U.S.A., without compromise…

Steel: Drop-Forged 1060, Rc 52-54
Handle: ST “super-tough” modified nylon
Ergonomics: Oval design – indexing finger grooves
Overall Weight: 1 lb./453.59 grams practical*
Overall Length: 14”/355.6mm practical*
Sheath: Jumpable nylon – LBE/LBV, MOLLE, Sling, Belt
M.S.R.P. $129.95 for a limited time

NSN 4210-01-518-7244
CAGE 3G5W0
D-U-N-S 135186992
SKU “VTAC” – LaGana Vietnam Tactical Tomahawk

* [“Practical” weight and length allow for small variations in material and manufacturing tolerances. Sheath is not included to overall weight and length.]

Ordering details will be provided this week, as we are finalizing those details now. Stay tuned!

*Notes on the pictures: Shelby Chan is an incredibly gifted photographer. The digital photos attached were reduced in file size in order to download quickly and due to BladeForums attachment restrictions. AmericanTomahawk.com will feature these and others by Shelby in full resolution, very soon.

Attachments

• VTAC-Voodoo-01 (2).jpg
    VTAC-Voodoo-01 (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 684
  • VTAC-wh001 (2).jpg
    VTAC-wh001 (2).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 574
  • VTAC-wh002 (2).jpg
    VTAC-wh002 (2).jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 515
  • VTAC-whLogo (2).jpg
    VTAC-whLogo (2).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 471
is the new handle stiffer than acetal. I remember reading someones post awhile back that the old acetal handle kind of flexed alittle when you swung it. The new handle looks sweet thou cant wait till you post the order info so I can be one of the first ones to get my hands on one.

The new handle is more flexible than Acetal under torque that would normally break Acetal. When just swinging it around and doing "normal" chopping, it feels nealry the same but without the vibration under the shock load of a hard chop. There is an almost organic feel to the material...kind of like, it flexes when necessary...like when a truck drives over it. ;)

WOW! I REALLY like that! I better save my nickels. I've been wanting a 'hawk for a long time. You did a beautiful job on this design!
Bob

This new VTAC Tomahawk IS the one to get!...Trust me, I KNOW!.:).

great lookin hawk!!

whats the word on the nex gen mods and shipping dates? Will they have the same new handle?

OK...in order.... :cool:

1) We are completing our contractual obligations to the Army now. Commercial/civilian backorders begin shipping Thursday through next week. Availability at our dealers will be almost immediate, next week. We are finalizing order details among our dealers now.

2) The NEXT GEN is being updated to reflect some improvements to the overall design. We are also planning new models that will use the same VTAC handle...like a "LaGana Vietnam Practical" Tomahawk among other models. We'll keep everyone posted. Whether or not the new Next Gen will sport this handle is yet to be determined. Next Gens go into production end of the Summer.

Andy,
Glad to hear you major contract obligations were met, it's also evident that your comittment to improvement, quality and value has met with another success. I'll have to get one myself! Continued prayers for your daughter, wife and yourself.

Jay Fehrman

John 14:6

Has anyone mentioned that the sheath liner IS reversible for us south paws - the sheath liner has a very nice velcro system.

Jay

John 14:6

I just ordered one from 1sks.com so I hope it gets here soon. I'm curious though, in the pic's that I've seen it doesnt look like the bottom edge is sharpend. Is it just the angle of is it the coating is on the edge.....

From the looks of the above pics the bottom edge looks sharpened to me.

Cyblade said:
...I'm curious though, in the pic's that I've seen it doesnt look like the bottom edge is sharpend. Is it just the angle of is it the coating is on the edge.....
The bottom edge IS sharpened. There are a total of five sharpened edges on the new Lagana VTAC...(2 on the cutting/chopping side, and 3 on the spike side).

The hawks come tactically sharp and as I handled the new one I was bitten immediately. If you haven't ordered one yet, do it. The new handle is much nicer and Andy had it right when he said it had an organic feel.

You'll love it.

Back