It's The End Of The World What Custom Knife Would You Grab ( Happy Halloween :) )

Which movie is the picture of Milla from? I love that outfit! Oh, and the knives are nice too. :)

The more I watch "walking dead" the more I realize I need more and bigger knives since my guns will be too loud and attract the walkers. I did tell my wife we need to move to a state where I can own silencers though.

Red

Eric- thanks for posting that up with my buddy's bad ass Khukuri! :D I'm glad that one was in the "big bad mamba jamba" size class, or it would look like a total weenie next to that frigg'n beast from Jason! :eek: :D

We actually discussed this thread the other night during dinner, right before we watched The Walking Dead. :D LMAO

14,5"OAL ;5160steel ,315" thick
at.jpg

14,25OAL ;5160steel ,275" thick
co.jpg

Now that I have my much anticipated and now loved Matt Lamey Bowie, I know that I can slay the zombie hordes or whatever needs chopping with this sweet monster.
W-2 steel, Zircote handle that is shaped to fit me like like a glove. 11 3/4" long blade and just under 17" oal, 3/8" thick at the riasco with a nice taper to the point makes this a monster. It still feels fast in my hand with a feeling of extreme power in the swing.
Combine this with my Coal Creek Forge hawk in the other hand and I would feel lethel if I were younger and faster.:eek:
Sadly my pictures don't capture the wonderful figuring in the Zircote
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have my much anticipated and now loved Matt Lamey Bowie, I know that I can slay the zombie hordes or whatever needs chopping with this sweet monster.
W-2 steel, Zircote handle that is shaped to fit me like like a glove. 11 3/4" long blade and just under 17" oal, 3/8" thick at the riasco with a nice taper to the point makes this a monster. It still feels fast in my hand with a feeling of extreme power in the swing.
Combine this with my Coal Creek Forge hawk in the other hand and I would feel lethel if I were younger and faster.:eek:
DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

two excellent pieces by two of my favorite makers

A perfect combo

Big congrats :)

Here's an entry that would service this thread:

orig.jpg

And another fellow Scandanavian:

orig.jpg

Stand clear!

COop

This may sound trite but there's only one custom knife I "trust" in my collection--because:

1) It was made to fit my hand
2) I have "tested" it thoroughly through years of hard use (and, sad to say, some abuse as well)
3) I know exactly how it handles and performs
4) I know exactly how to maintain it

This is not to say that it's the "best" knife in my collection. It certainly isn't the prettiest, nor the toughest. It's just the one I'm most comfortable with. And when the Apocalypse comes, I want a knife that's an old friend to be the one that sees me through.

rightso9.jpg

Is that a Tai Goo piece? It has an interesting ferrule/bolster/habaki thingy going on there. Do you have a close up?

Great job, Aaron! Did Tai break out in song while he was teaching? Crazy guy.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Matt Lamey sure knows how to make perfect knife.

Back