It's the Kentucky Derby

Saturday is the Derby .

May your horse win!

(but if you don't mind, try pulling for Buzzard Bay at 20-1)

Buzzard Bay? That's quite a name.

As a child on Cape Cod, Buzzard's Bay was the next town over. If the name is derived from the place, that's reason enough for me to root for the horse.

It's also a good excuse to drink some mint juleps, but good bourbon is its own reward.

Buzzards Bay, to win the stampede, eh! Good luck to you! I'm going with Bandini for win, place & show, myself. Others in the office are rooting for: Noble Causeway, High Limit, Giacomo, High Fly, Bellamy Road, & Don't Get Mad. One woman has a nephew named Giacomo but at 50/1? :confused: Another woman had me read her all the horse's names... 30/1 Don't Get Mad 'clicked' with her! :)

Ya know, i've been to the Derby a few times (fiance is from Louisville). All i remember about it is getting sunburned, "show me your boobs" signs, and 15 dollar drinks...i think I saw a couple pair of horse ears bobbing up and down around the track barrier one time....oh and silly hats;)

Gotta love the in-field:D

Jake

Steely_Gunz said:
Ya know, i've been to the Derby a few times (fiance is from Louisville). All i remember about it is getting sunburned, "show me your boobs" signs, and 15 dollar drinks...i think I saw a couple pair of horse ears bobbing up and down around the track barrier one time....oh and silly hats;)

Gotta love the in-field:D

Jake

You might enjoy this:

http://www.derbypost.com/hunter.html

I'll be darned... a woman in our office had Giacomo... paid $102.60 to win; she bet $2 to win & $8 to show! Guess who's buyin' donuts?

good for her. I like unlikely winners. The two trainers who had 5 and 3 runners, respectively, seemed to have stacked the deck.

Odd world, that horse racing world.

But once a year I re-read all of Dick Frances' novels...like sitting down with a popcorn book and an old friend.

Back