Izhmash hb-1-02 hollow handle knife

...Maybe?

This sub-forum is generally oriented towards folding knives. I'm going to guess that you're looking for some feedback from owners of this knife, and I'll be honest: I don't own one. But I'm pretty confident that this thread will fall off the front page before somebody who has used one of these, sees it.

So, this being the internet, and free advice being worth what you paid for it, I'm going to render my opinion.

These hollow-handle, do-everything knives were everywhere, following the Rambo movie. This one even seems like it was intended for military issue. I found a thread from a ways back, that may be more helpful:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/russian-izhmash-survival-knife.545137/

The general opinion of these knives seems to be pretty much the same as the opinion of the Subaru Baja: it does it's job pretty well, but it's trying to be too many things at once, and makes too many compromises in the process.

What you want to know about this knife? In general it is a nice brutal souvenir))) Two biggest issues is round and very slick handle, and completely dull and thick behind the edge blade.
The steel is more or less OK they use 95x18 (it is close to aus8 and vg10). Blade and handle connection is also surprisingly good. But this knife don’t cut ))))

...Maybe?

This sub-forum is generally oriented towards folding knives. I'm going to guess that you're looking for some feedback from owners of this knife, and I'll be honest: I don't own one. But I'm pretty confident that this thread will fall off the front page before somebody who has used one of these, sees it.

So, this being the internet, and free advice being worth what you paid for it, I'm going to render my opinion.

These hollow-handle, do-everything knives were everywhere, following the Rambo movie. This one even seems like it was intended for military issue. I found a thread from a ways back, that may be more helpful:

The general opinion of these knives seems to be pretty much the same as the opinion of the Subaru Baja: it does it's job pretty well, but it's trying to be too many things at once, and makes too many compromises in the process.

This sub-forum is generally oriented towards folding knives.

Since when? (Unless this was moved from somewhere else) This is “general knife discussion”. That includes fixed blades as well as “broken” knives. :D

Also, kabancheck - close to VG10 and AUS8? o_O They’re pretty different.

This sub-forum is generally oriented towards folding knives.

Also, kabancheck - close to VG10 and AUS8? o_O They’re pretty different.
Yes you are right, I am not so deep in the steels, l check it and closest steel for 95X18 is 440C

...Maybe?

Oh really i didnt know it was a sub forum for folding knives

Oh really i didnt know it was a sub forum for folding knives

Well, it's not specifically for folding knives. It's just that's what seems to get talked about most often. The thread about the Russian Izhmash is from Wilderness & Survival Skills, which, I grant you, might be an unlikely place to start a search.

You're not going to get Moderated for posting about fixed blades, here. No worries about that.

Back