IZULA Handles from T-K-C?

Not trying to complain or anything, just curious. I have heard good things about the ESEE 3 & 4 aftermarket handles Dale has made, and he mentioned a similar product for the Izula after the 1st of the year.

Has anyone heard anything else about them? Any ETA or prototype shots or anything? It's a cold winter here, and I just know that some g10 would help keep my Izula nice and warm...

Not heard anything from Dale except he will be making scales for the Izy, and IIRC as you said it was next in line. In the mean time it's fun to make your own scales, you can do it with hand tools. The Izy's size makes it a good learning piece.

God bless,
Adam

I have given the idea of making my own scales quite a bit of thought, but from my (very very) limited knowledge of working with materials, I was under the impression that G10 was pretty difficult to work with. Would it be easier to use wood, and if so, what hand tools would it require?

Design work is in progress as we speak. Hopefully we will have them available in 2-3 weeks. You will like them!

Thanks for your interest!

Design work is in progress as we speak. Hopefully we will have them available in 2-3 weeks. You will like them!

Thanks for your interest!

Now that is some good news! It saves me the trouble of trying to make my own, since I'm not so good at that kind of thing...

I know it's probably a little early, but any idea on what these might cost? A ballpark would be great, but I'd understand if you aren't able to say anything just yet.

Here's to hoping they are a little cheaper than the handles for the other blades (I mean after all, they ARE smaller handles :D). Spending $50 or so on some handles for an ESEE 3 or 4 makes perfect sense to me, but it would be kind of silly to pay that much for Izula handles, since that's more than I paid for the knife itself.:eek:

They will be less but I won't know until material costs are figured up & the time study is done.

Any handle scale color options in mind to produce that go well for a woman's pink Izzy?

For the Pink Izula --- maybe red or darker pink-like shade for women? My gf plans on cordwrapping one in red...Valentines is coming up. hehe

Orange of course!
Make some purple handles and then everyone will know its your wifes izzy. ;)

Side not I would definitely buy purple scales for my black izzy!!

Do I dare ask about the 5 or 6. I am waiting for the 6 and I am sure it doesn't need new scales but I really want to strip the screws lol I like your ranger green. Color ideas.... I wouldn't buy but the purple seems like a good idea for the pink izula. Maybe a camo pattern like the ones on my spyderco military g-10 material and camo. I really like the feel of those handles.

I saw G10 scales on a closeout Bark River knife called pistachio that I liked quite a bit. I'd love to see that for the 4 as well!

Dale, will the scales be full length ala Izzy 2 scales or will they be of similar dimensions of the Izzy 1 scales?

Dale, will the scales be full length ala Izzy 2 scales or will they be of similar dimensions of the Izzy 1 scales?

Good question.

I really like the scales on my Izula II but also like my midnite tiger scales from TKC. Therefore, I would go for midnite tiger scales on my Izula.

looking forward to these, and it sounds like a few others are as well.

i like most of the colors you have for the 3 and 4, but since the Izula is also available in tactical pink, and one vendor has a run of orange something to match the pink would be cool.

pink or purple would work, red would also be a contender.

orange, black or orange tigerstripe would look great on the orange version, and almost anything would probably look good on the gray "signature" version one vendor has.

i'm waiting for the orange and black tigerstripe for my orange versions. hi viz yellow or lime green would also be cool, but i'm not sure how popular that would be. i'd be tempted to get those instead of tigerstripe if they were available.

considering that the factory scales in the canvas micarta are just under $20 i'm anticipating that the colored G10 versions will be around $25, but that's just a guess based on the price point of the factory scales.

I think I would put a vote in for some red scales. I think they would look nifty! Maybe even like a darker red or crimson color.

Otherwise, I really like the current lineup of colors and at the risk of sounding effeminate I think hardest part will be choosing which color to buy! I like them all quite a bit.

(And besides, who said you couldn't have a nice functional knife AND have it be fashionable? :p)

I think I would put a vote in for some red scales. I think they would look nifty! Maybe even like a darker red or crimson color.

Otherwise, I really like the current lineup of colors and at the risk of sounding effeminate I think hardest part will be choosing which color to buy! I like them all quite a bit.

(And besides, who said you couldn't have a nice functional knife AND have it be fashionable? :p)

Red scales, green Izzy... Christmas Izzy? :p

I'd probably settle on orange.

Back