Izula, Izula II Deep Pocket Clip Carry

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Guys/Gals, My all time favorite EDC is my original Izula---she took a tumble off the top of my work van onto a two lane paved road last fall and after some serious re-profiling to eliminate the nicks/gouges caused by the tumble she holds a near and dear spot in my heart:)
Maybe battered and bruised but they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder:D
pa0503632.jpg

I really like to carry a small fixed blade for work and EDC away from work, so pretty much all the time:thumbup: I like both pocket and neck carry but want slight changes to my liking on the pocket carry end of things.

Recently I acquired the Izula II and it is rapidly achieving the same status as my original Izula...Makes it hard to choose at times which to carry;) I've always like front right pocket carry and even with the clip plate that came in my Izula II's kit I felt (for me) it rode to high for my liking. I made a mod to my Pocket Bowie a few weeks back and was really pleased with how it turned out that I turned my attention to my new Izula II:thumbup:

Here are the final results:D
I used a Molle Lock and cut it down, sanded the ends, attached a Nite Ize self adhesive clip to it (they have held up very well for me on other applications) and therefore allows me to carry a little bit deeper in my pocket. Much more to my liking:thumbup:
pa0503382.jpg

pa0503432.jpg

The screw just under the clip allows me to adjust the tension when drawing the knife from the sheath---I like this feature alot and it really works;) Behind the (what I call the tension screw) is the rubber spacer that comes with the molle lock. This keeps the molle lock spaced evenly from the sheath.
pa0503402.jpg

pa0503452.jpg

Heres my fixed blade trio shot.
pa0503642.jpg

pa0503602.jpg

and the "in pocket" shot.
p21703712.jpg

p21703692.jpg

Hey, thanks for takin the time to look:thumbup:

Paul

Very clever solution... You may want to determine your cost to make and offer them for sale...

That's a great set up. You should think of selling those, I'm sure a quite a few people would buy one, myself included.

Very ingenious. I like that setup. That little Izula II is growing on me. What a handy little knife it is.

Umm. neat design.... what happens to the jeans on a quick draw.

re-sheathing the knife....... is it tricky...?

Umm. neat design.... what happens to the jeans on a quick draw.

re-sheathing the knife....... is it tricky...?

Striker, the nice thing with the clip is it has a little catch so it wont pull out of the pocket. That feature combined with the option of setting the tension of the knife pull with the screw I installed allows for just enough tension so the knife doesn't fall out, yet pulls easy. I actually got rid of the nubs that hold the knife in the sheath because it was difficult to pull out with them. The re-sheathing hasn't been a problem at all, it was a concern I had in the beginning---could it be a problem?---I'm sure it could if not thinking:eek: With one finger I simply open the pocket and am able to insert without incident:)

Paul

That's a Great idea, that exactly what I've been looking for. I like front pocket carry and it sounds like when you draw the knife it stays in place; I'm going to try this out, thanks for sharing.

thats a great idea! I hate things just floating in my pockets. I shall try this with my eskabar in the future. and then, maybe an izula if i ever pull the trigger on one.

Back