Photos J Rodgers & Sons Information

Could use information on knife date and approximate value of this.
Thanks

J JCorn , welcome to Bladeforums

Unfortunately you need to be a paying Gold Membership level $30/year to be able to ask about any knife values.

Looks like a nice knife you have.

Rules:

You can buy your Gold Membership here:

J JCorn , welcome to Bladeforums

Unfortunately you need to be a paying Gold Membership level $30/year to be able to ask about any knife values.

Looks like a nice knife you have.

Rules:

You can buy your Gold Membership here:

That's fine... It was more out of curiosity than anything else... More interested on info about the knife and date it was mad more than anything... Is that OK to ask?

Reading that rule should be part of the registration process. Would save a lot of posting each day...

Reading that rule should be part of the registration process. Would save a lot of posting each day...
I didn't just jump in... I looked around and read info about being a new member... I guess I missed that part.

My dad gave this to me and I believe it was his grandfather's? Just looking to find out more about it.

I didn't just jump in... I looked around and read info about being a new member... I guess I missed that part.

Sorry, no criticism directed at you, just a general remark in response to post #2. Many do not see that rule before asking about values. No idea whether the forum software would allow for such a feature, but it sure would prevent posts that get removed etc. for new members - some of whom may be put off by that and leave. Which would be a shame.

So welcome to BF. Nice knife you've got there, I think there were some recent threads discussing those older Bowies.

Last edited:
My dad gave this to me and I believe it was his grandfather's? Just looking to find out more about it.

Go back and edit out your first post and replace it with this post’s (your post #6) wording, then you’ll be off to a much better start, completely within the guidelines, and hopefully end up with the info you are looking for.

Just be patient and give it a bit of time for people to read it and respond to you, we have plenty of experts here that will be willing to offer you their knowledge on your knife.

Again, welcome to BladeForums J JCorn

That's fine... It was more out of curiosity than anything else... More interested on info about the knife and date it was mad more than anything... Is that OK to ask?

The knife stylewise is last quarter of 19th century through maybe 1st quarter of the 20th. It's hard to date these tightly because Rodgers and a few others kept these older designs going for longer than one would think. Handle is horn. It's a plainer, late Bowie type knife, but is a nice example of the type.

Back