1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JACK-2

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by Inspiribomb, Jun 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Inspiribomb

Inspiribomb Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Anyone else see the latest JACK-2? Very unique looking, I like it. Appears to have a 2-piece blade (not sure how I feel about that) and sport a bushing system. Can't wait to see more details and if this will become a production model. Sounds like Reate will have some at Blade.

2. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Mike Nguyen worked with reate on his knives that were two pieces. Here's one of many of his designs
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsjIURLBDXp/?igshid=1k517tcodi8tf

I assume Reate liked the idea and ran with it.

I'm not sold on the blade shape, but it looks like a decent knife overall. I wouldn't get one for the gimmick alone. I like the uniqueness

3. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016

4. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016

5. thecigarguy

thecigarguy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    No one. ever: “I’ve always wanted an integral, one piece milled handle and a two piece blade.”

ErocSD, AF and ScooterG like this.
  6. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    LOL - it's certainly a "unique" combination. It will have collector appeal like a lot of unusual knives. I don't get the satin finish on one side and mirror finish on the other side or that giant pivot assembly. Maybe it's something collectors have been dying for and no one ever told me?? :D

thecigarguy likes this.
  7. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Seems like the best knives of reate and WE are the ones with an American or European designer. The one big exception for me was the JACK. Might be good for these folks to get some buyer feedback for upcoming models but I guess also limited run sizes allow feedback to be determined by dollars sold. But JACKv2 is a pass for me.

8. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    The designer is Jack - David Dengs brother. Besides the JACK he also designed the Wave which is comparable to the Shiro Neon.
    The Wave is one of my favorite knives.

With every designer - you’ll like some and not like some.

thecigarguy likes this.
  9. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Yep love the original JACK just not round two...

10. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016

11. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Thanks for the YouTube video Mo2!
    Wow. That really is a different design. Gotta give it to Reate for producing bold models. I don't see myself picking one up, the nonsymetrical blade finish and thick spine for attaching the blade don't do it for me.

Mo2 likes this.