Jack Hammer 10 makes me happy inside.

So, I've had my hands wrapped around this thing for a few weeks. Am I crazy, or is this one of the smoothest feeling blades ever? I've grown very fond of my Last Rites though I never carry it, and I love every iteration of Infimandu I own. But I think this might actually be my new favorite piece.

It's not like with my health and strength I can really put any Busse product to a serious test, but for my skill/strength/ability, it seems like I'm able to use this as a chopper and it performs almost as well, if not better than some of my other 10" blade length knives because I can get so much momentum with it.

Completely different use profile, but I think it's going to replace my entire "heavy duty" kitchen stuff all by itself. Granted, we're only talking about a cleaver, and a 10" chefs knife. The cleaver only gets used for things like butterflying chickens, the 10" chefs knife for BIG meat. But, anything else most people would use a cleaver for, I just use a saw anyway. It's easier for me and I don't process whole animals very often.

I mean, it wasn’t really on my radar, but you guys are making me think about it. Leaning towards an F-16 to hold me over until the prophecy of the next long sword is fulfilled. Only a six inch difference in blade length. Hmmmmm........ Anybody have a pic of an F-16 and JH-10 side by side? Would be greatly appreciated. I’m open to suggestions as to which one I should get. I’d ask my girl for her opinion, but I’m pretty sure she’d jump on the extra six inches.

I mean, it wasn’t really on my radar, but you guys are making me think about it. Leaning towards an F-16 to hold me over until the prophecy of the next long sword is fulfilled. Only a six inch difference in blade length. Hmmmmm........ Anybody have a pic of an F-16 and JH-10 side by side? Would be greatly appreciated. I’m open to suggestions as to which one I should get. I’d ask my girl for her opinion, but I’m pretty sure she’d jump on the extra six inches.
ROFL at the subtly at the end there. I have a TGULB/JH10/F16 pic, I have to snag it off my camera and I'll post it for you tomorrow.

f4JYUL3.jpg

There ya go. Sorry about having to transfer.

Thanks! Looks like the six inches make a big difference. JH10 vs TGULB seems a more reasonable debate, not to mention the HR2.....

Thanks! Looks like the six inches make a big difference. JH10 vs TGULB seems a more reasonable debate, not to mention the HR2.....
The HR2 doesn't really compare with the JH10. Totally different feel. The TGULB vs JH10, Maybe. The JH10 is quite uniquely balanced, not just in its own weight distribution, but in other attributes too. The length, shape, thinness, etc. It's just pure awesome in my book. To me, it wine against the Battle Mistress in almost every way except for pure chopping performance. It's much more utilitarian, and much swifter/quicker of a fighter. (This is Busse COMBAT after all.)

The HR2 doesn't really compare with the JH10. Totally different feel. The TGULB vs JH10, Maybe. The JH10 is quite uniquely balanced, not just in its own weight distribution, but in other attributes too. The length, shape, thinness, etc. It's just pure awesome in my book. To me, it wine against the Battle Mistress in almost every way except for pure chopping performance. It's much more utilitarian, and much swifter/quicker of a fighter. (This is Busse COMBAT after all.)

I imagine the JH10 to feel something like the B11, which is why its next on my list.

I imagine the JH10 to feel something like the B11, which is why its next on my list.

It's not that similar for me. The JH10 blade is lighter and the handle is heavier than the B11, so it feels much quicker, and doesn't feel like a forward-heavy chopper at all. Both feel great in hand but for different reasons.

It's not that similar for me. The JH10 blade is lighter and the handle is heavier than the B11, so it feels much quicker, and doesn't feel like a forward-heavy chopper at all. Both feel great in hand but for different reasons.

Thank you for the real world comparison, its awesome insight, I really appreciate it. And what you're saying totally makes sense with the bigger tang and lighter blade. I do see the B11 as more of an outdoorsy chopper, and the JH10 as more of a combat blade of similar length. It was mainly the length and overall size that reminded me of the B11.

One important way it wins over the Battle Mistress is that you can actually buy it currently.

Spoken as someone who is lusting after the perfect Battle Mistress. Or any Battle Mistress...

Had to write jerry a cudos letter on this one. Is feels perfect in every way. I would love to see this one in a 6" version. Kind of a sjtac on steroids

Back