Jange

I recently picked up a Jange, I researched this khuk a bit and they were made around 2004. This one was made by Sher, I dont think to many were made from what I have seen. If anyone has any additional info on these please tell.

I really like the overall look of this blade. The double fullers go almost the entire length of the blade, the handle appears to be a partial tang with nothing coming out the top.
It is snowing big time here, so I took a few pic indoors and they stink of course but here the are. The other two khuks are also new pick ups, the M-43 is very nice, the pics dont show the horn handles well, there is some really nice white streaks going through them, and the AK has a really nice horn handle as well.

The Jange and the AK were both made prior to Uncle Bills passing, so they are not marked with the U.B. as the newer ones are. cant really date the AK but it is a Bura Made blade with his old mark of L.B. with the crescent moon under the initials, very nice work as usual by him. Thanks for looking, I will post better pics when I can get outside.

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

I recently picked one up as well, here's some pics. Made by Kumar, its very well balanced and handles great. I believe its the only partial tange kuk that HI has offered in its range.

Dadspics360.jpg

Dadspics363.jpg

Big W,
Very nice, I also like the balance and feel as well, man you pics are sweet. anyone else have one if so please post pic.

I'm glad that Jange went to a good home. :thumbup:

It's a shame that these are so scarce. They're one of the better models in the lineup if you ask me, both for performance and for looks. It was my "user" Jange that finally sold me on the durability of partial tangs.

Dave I got that from you & passed it on to Pugs before I ever got a chance to whomp on anything with it (accursed cash flow problems!). It was a beast for sure, yet still somehow very elegant - I'll bet it will make the chips fly! Pugs, be sure to post some action shots!

that is a gorgeous piece of steel. Sadly, I don't have one in my collection.

I rather like partial tangs. They give the khuk a different feel, and in my opinion, are sort of sign of "graduating" your thought process on tough knives. Yes an CAK is going to be bombproof. Yes if you bust the scales off you are left with a very usable knife. However they still balance differently.

Is a partial tang knife going to be one you wrench, bang on, pry with, and hammer on the butt to drive the tip into something? No, probably not by choice. However, if used as a cutting implement with care, respect, and skill it probably will not fail (nor even come loose) in your lifetime. Very elegant blade indeed:)

Back