japanese camp axe or hatchet makers?

I want to get a quality light hatchet ala wetterlings, hansfors bruks, etc. Since I`m living Japan I thought there might be some local brands I should look at. I have not see many axes in the abundance of knife shops around. most of the outdoors selection was short heavy knives. So maybe they replace hatchets? The only axe I found so far was a swedish one for Y16000, which I could probably find for cheaper in Canada. Anyways if you know of anything worth looking at let me know.

*I may have meant Gransfors Bruks. Or something completly different. These names are gatting me mixed up.

Nice, thanks. I actually have seen those hand in stores beside the sickles and hand saws. Of course I had no clue what they were at the time. :thumbup: :)

I think I found one like the "Japanese Forestry hatchets" Dick offers. The handle is a bit longer than I need but its wood and there for customizable. Only $33 U.S. About the same price as a Gerber Back Paxe. And a lot less than the Gransfor Mini which was $118 U.S. at the same store.

Back