Japanese KNIFE magazine

Anyone know where to get a backissue of the Oct 1999 issue with the Emerson layout?

Jason Yang

Fenris,
Any of the Larger international Mag/Book purveyor's should have them. I'm in LA so I'm only qualified to comment on this area.
Hope you like the Pictorials. The collection is mostly mine w/ some help w/ a fellow forumite Nyeti.
Stay tuned, there will be a Japanese Fighting Knives Book/Mag coming out soon that will feature yours truly and Emerson Knives w/ some techniques using Ernie's awesome knives.
Later

------------------
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense, The Sword is more important than the shield, And skill is more important than either, The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."

Tamishigiri and I were proud parents on that spread....the scary thing is that they didn't even use photo's of all the customs. The book should be awesome.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

Jason,

I always get my japanese KNIFE mags at Asahiya Bookstores in the Yaohan Plaza. I have their business card and there's a New York number:

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I got the newest issue at the Rockefeller Center bookstore. I want to order a back issue now which you can from the magazine but I cannot read Japanese!

Jason

Hey Jason,
Seeing how your're from NY like me, Tower Records down in the Village usuallly has these books. They were already sold out of the Emerson copy when I checked about two weeks ago.If memory serves me correctly, the magazine usually cost around $20.00. Please let me know if you find a a back issue with Emerson. I need on as well. By the way, Ernest Emerson had a copy on his table at the recent NY knife show.
David

I was in Japan in October and I bought a japanese magazine with the Emerson feature that you are looking for. I think it has a Commander on the cover, I have to check but I think that's the one you are looking for.
I cannot read japanese, I just bought it for the pictures. If you need it, I can send it to you (only problem is that I'm too far away, so the snails will take forever to reach you...)
I will definitely not "sell" it, I will just send it to you and you can send me anything in exchange, sort of a friendly swap...

A friend that lives in Japan just brought me that issue when he came to visit for the holidays. The Emerson layout is great. That black Commander on a stark white background is a great cover too. I wish that some of the American magazines would try to approach the quality of the Japanese magazines.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Back