Jens Anso Nemo or RockLobster?

myplea

BANNED
Hi guys again,
Well, You remember my question about a 4# production folder that is strong and reliable. I was torn between the military, 710,and sebenza.

Well, I have decided to go the custom root, (not rich but maybe stupid:eek:). I have decided to go with Jens Anso. The waiting is about 10 months but I am in no rush.

I have contacted him today but I am torn between 2 models and would like you to point me in the right direction as to what model is best for me.

My needs are for a very strong folder(not strider strong) but very strong with a 4#blade that can handle hunting, skinning, utility, EDC. That would last me a life time and pass to my children:D (yes I will back it up with a fixed blade)

Here are the two models I am talking about. Nimo first then Rlobster
DSC_0004.JPG

P1010062.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010008.JPG

I prefer the Nemo because I like to have a point on my blades and it has a belly that can be used for skinning.

Well I think the blade on the nimo looks like it could be useful for a wider variety of cutting chores. The second one doesn' thave a point, personally that turns me off on this knife.

kamkazmoto, salty141,
Thanks, I was leaning towards the Nemo myself for what you said plus the fact that it looks slimmer.

It would be nice to hear from someone who had work by Anso, What is it like, what blade steel should I go for?

:)

I love the Rock Lobster, and my vote goes for that. I believe Jens is using RWL 34 for blade steel.

PS:
I have a Rebel myself, that I simply adore.

I love the Rock Lobster, and my vote goes for that. I believe Jens is using RWL 34 for blade steel.

PS:
I have a Rebel myself, that I simply adore.

Thanks for the reply T.K.C.
Doe the rebel open as smoothly as the Sebe ?

Hi guys again,

I have a choice between these steels:

RWL-34
BG42
s30v

What do you recon?

I favor the RockLobster. I ordered one of the new 3.5" models he is coming out with this month in fact. Jens got back to me and told me like 11 months I think so it will be a while. A friend of mine has one of them and loves his so I got one of the frame lock models. Only thing is my friend has one of the discontinued smaller ones.

Anything from Jens will be quite nice though. He is a top shelf maker.

STR

Both are beautiful & well-made knives, I'm jealous! The Nemo looks better for skinning if you will actually do any of that, the RL tip ends abruptly w/o near as much belly. As for steel unless you are a steel snob you probably won't notice a difference but I know the Sebenzanistas seem to have pregferred the BG42 of old to the newer S30v.

Well I think the blade on the nimo looks like it could be useful for a wider variety of cutting chores. The second one doesn' thave a point, personally that turns me off on this knife.
Agreed. And the Nemo is a nicer looking piece. If you want a model with more belly, check out his new Bastid.

Back