Jerry - Which one should I buy

Dear Jerry:

I am planning a secluded backpacking/fishing trip into a remote area of Alaska next year. Which one of your knives do you recommend? I have been looking at the Basic 7 & 9, the Steel Heart and the Battle Mistress. I will be carring a Rucksack SAK and a 3" blade by Bob Dozier ( His Companion knife ).

Price does matter, but, on a trip like this, I am willing to spend a little more to pick the right knife.

How much better do the 9-1/2" blades chop in comparision to the 7-1/2" blades?

Do you think the versitility of the smaller blades makes them a better pick than the larger blades?

Thanks for your help.

By the way, If anybody else has a lot of outdoor experience with these knives, please give me your 2 cents.

Tough decision. Considering that you will be carrying a smaller knife then perhaps a chopper is what you're going to need, in which case either the Basic #9 or the Battle Mistress will serve you best. I hope this helps to narrow it down a little.

Busse

Jerry is right,of course.You have the small knives to take care of those little things,take a Mistress to do the rest.You'll need fire wood,a fish smoker for all those salmon you'll be drying,and have you ever tried to defend yourself against a grizzly with a SAK?I have a deal for you.You can take my Mistress with the custom sheath for free.I go with it,for free.In exchange,I'll build the fires,the fish smoker,and kill,clean,and cook the griz.Let me know.....

Wasp,

What could you possibly be doing up? You're on Ohio time. It's 3:40 am. Do you never sleep?

Yours in nuclear non-narcoleptic (sp?) behavior,

Jerry Busse

The Battle Mistress is the best chopper out of the bunch. The ergo grip really increases your work performance.
cool.gif

Yours in nuclear chopping, Andrew

Hey Guys...

The difference between the Busse Basic line and the Busse Combat line,, the best way I can put it I guess is like,,

A Civilian Hummer Vs. a Military Hummer

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

Back