Jig For Belt Snader Wanted

Hi,

I am looking at designs for sharopening jigs to be used with belt sanders. Something to help keep the angle.

Tnaks in advanse for any help
Frank

There were some images on one of the forums here of a belt sander with a piece of metal attached to the side of the belt platten. Attached to this piece of metal was a wedge of wood or plastic that was suspended over the belt to lay the blade on and keep the angle constant. Not sure which forum it was on, but you might try a search for the image...

you could clamp the blade to a piece of angle iron and set the tool rest to the proper angle (70-80 degrees)

Hi

Thank you for your ideas. I was thinking of wedges of diferent angles bolted to the sander so that I can rest the blade on them.

Regards
Frank

Frank, that's the method I used. Cut out a rectangle of thin sheet metal and cut the long sides to the angle I wanted. Then bent the cut sides up to form a U shape that fits under the platen. Taped the edges with removeable painters tape. Works great but is'nt adjustable so you need one for each angle you want

Frank, that's the method I used. Cut out a rectangle of thin sheet metal and cut the long sides to the angle I wanted. Then bent the cut sides up to form a U shape that fits under the platen. Taped the edges with removeable painters tape. Works great but is'nt adjustable so you need one for each angle you want

Good idea. Any pics?

Regards
Frank

Back