Jim Matthes Titanium Folders

Architect

Gold Member
Does any one have one of the Jim Matthes folders?

I see the nice-looking titanium handle folders in the AG Russell catalog at a pretty reasonable price.

I am hoping to get some comments on the overall fit and finish of these knives.

Thanks for looking.

Yes, I have one. It's one of the finest users I've ever owned. Slim and handsome enough for dressup carry, strong and secure enough for general use. I'd classify it somewhere between my Chris Reeve Sebenza and my William Henry T12.

If I had to reduce my holdings to a single folder (shudder) this Matthes might be the choice.

I see it's disappeared from the A. G. Russell catalog. It might be interesting to find out why.

Wow!

Thanks for picking up on this ancient thread. I appreciate your comments.

I guess I should just contact AG directly for info. If I recall correctly, this is a liner lock, no?

Originally posted by Architect
\ this is a liner lock, no?

Yep. Mine is a non-clip, drop point blade. The lock is Walker type, titanium. The blade is ATS-34 and mine stays sharp for a long time so I'd guess it's close to 60RC.

I spoke to AGR's phone person last week and she said there is one JM-101C (that would be with a clip) left on their website. Since it is not the used one at cuttingedge.com (she said that was sold) it was unfindable by me. Maybe you'll have better luck. She did say the price was $195, which is what I would expect to pay for a new one.

Back