Jimislash signed a deal with Cold Steel

If Cold Steel signed a deal with Jimislash only to benefit from the power of the social media, they must be sent back to school to learn math. Let's review some numbers:

Nick Shabazz channel: 137,000
nutfancy channel: 843,000
Cold Steel official channel: 1,1 million
jimislah channel: 8,140

In Internet terms, the audience of jimislah is negligible. It may be enough to fill a circus though.

I don't give a damn to GSM or to the Sold Steel, but in the first place I'd like to see what will come out of this deal before judging it.

Jimislash may be a hidden gem; but, so far we have no evidence of that. Being selected by Stickman, who knows nothing about knives or the industry doesn‘t give me confidence. Just more of blind leading blind at Sold Steel.

n2s

He doesn't need to be a hidden gem, and probably isn't, but who knows if he's capable of doing a decent job?

I didn't know he was selected by Stickman. Maybe that's better than being selected by some white collar at Beijing? Anyway, I really understand why you guys are so skeptical (it's not hard to understand after all), and I hope you understand why I'm also being skeptical in my own way.

UPDATE (October 24, 2021): I won the "FIRE!!!" contest by Jimislash!

Last edited:
I see it as a good thing for a few reasons.
1. It shows that they are not going to sit around and just rest on the laurels.
2. They are engaging with knife people.
3. It will keep the sort of 'Goldilocks' tier of knives available - cheap, expensive and just right.

The down sides may be that they don't keep the core tenet of 'insane value for money hard as nails user knives' and focus on cheap materials and gimicky designs...

Demko to a youtuber ; Paul Brown , this is one of the most powerful statements ive seen on here in the 20 years ive been a member ! I wish i said it !

Congrats Jimi!!!...seems like only yesterday I sold him his first 4Max.... ;)

Now maybe he can body surf in American Lawmans, Talwars, AD15's & 10's like Uncle Scrooge McDuck:

1632827811357.png

This is good to hear.
I don’t watch a lot of knife videos but Jimi Slash is a channel that I have been subscribed to and I am glad GSM picked someone that is actually a Cold Steel fan to partner with.

Jimislash is great and loves Cold Steel. He announced (without much detail) that the first CS knife he is working with them on will in fact be a competition chopper, no release date or other details but looking forward to it

Back