JKM-1 Custom for Sale

Hey Friends,

So in a little mix up I ended up with this JKM-1 that I decided I'd do a little custom job to. Yangdu promised to fix the mistake regardless, but I don't want anything for free, and so I decided I want to sell this knife and give all/most/some of the money to Yangdu.

It is my VERY FIRST custom job so it's not perfect, and I also ended up discovering I had a wonderful knife enthusiast 3 doors down with an incredible shop. He helped me out a bit as well!

(Please NOTE! Add $10 for shipping.)

If this sells for $50, I'll give all of it to Yangdu.
Any extra past $50 I will keep for mine and his time.
If it passes $100 for any strange reason I will give Yangdu 50% of the sale regardless of the number.
I have a lot of faith in the camaraderie in the HI forums section, so feel free to just post here what you're willing to pay and if you're interested. NO PART of me is offended at all if it sells for the minimum and Yangdu gets all the money. It'll be to thank hard working people of HI.

I dont want to start any arguments, so lets say that highest offer by tomorrow, Friday (August 4th) evening, say...10pm EST gets the knife? Is that even allowed? haha

ATTENTION!
The knife has had it's true convex edge changed to a bevel on the edge. But It still maintains a majorly convex main bevel. This was not intentional on my part and we decided to leave it as it is and allow buyer to sharpen further to their preferred edge. Don't wanna take any more steel off.

Testing links. Sorry if they dont work. I think I need better membership in forums.
If interested in the "Making of" album here is the link!
Making Of Album Link
http://imgur.com/a/vXMJJ

vdpoUFu.jpg

ByUDbs2.jpg

Last edited:
A kind offer Jamiel. Many don't realize how much work goes into a project such as this. Looks like excellent work.

I really covet that belt sander and the drill press looks top notch just seeing the chuck. Been shopping for a sander myself and found they don't give the good ones away for sure.

That free handing the handle in the drill press can be catastrophic but really no other way to get r dun.

Nice work.

Nice work Jamiel! Antler is cool an anything!
Yep Bawanna them 2x72 sanders are fantastic tools. I almost had me one before my house went up in flames. I did salvage the steel parts but all the aluminum contact wheels melted. Gives me chicken skin everytime I see one.

I know how you all feel! haha
I was told a neighbor made blades, and I went ahead and knocked on his door and when he opened his shed workshop I proceeded to say...
"Oh...like...you ACTUALLY have a real workshop hidden in here..."
It's been very very helpful. Eventually I wanna get into the forging too. He doesn't do as much of that himself.

Thanks for the kind words.
Good news/bad news.

If no one on the forums is interested by tonight I have a buyer locally so Yangdu will get the money. I realized I should have given a little more time in case anyone was interested. Live and learn.

Since there are no bids YET, there's no issue in extending your time frame. However a buyer is a buyer and if you have a local buyer that's not a bad thing and no shipping cost....................
I must admit I was tempted to bid even though I have a similar knife but as an addict I guess this isn't surprising.

Beautiful work! enjoyed the "making of..." album, thanks for posting!
Happy you have buyer, I love anytime HI gets into new hands, perhaps a future customer for Yangdu and kamis

I cant even believe it. The replacement Reti showed up today. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN! haha The magic triangle boxes must be using time travel.

I hear you Bawanna.
I may extend it. The buyer in town is mostly for sentimental value on the fact that it's one of my first antler/hidden tang jobs. So if anyone here wants it they get priority. But I also agree in getting these knives into new hands as well!

I considered keeping it but I wanted the money to make its way to HI. And I know what you mean about having the particular knife job covered. I am swapping knives around here and there for that reason lest I end up with a collection bigger than I intended to have.... Then again... that next D.O.D. always has something I want. haha

Do what works for you Jamiel. I'm all about helping Yangdu and getting money to her and her people.
Since it's your first, maybe you should keep it, hang it on the wall for hysterical purposes.
You send auntie 25 bucks, I'll send her 25 bucks and she gets her 50, you keep your knife and I'll think of something, good karma or something for myself.

You know what... I'm totally game with that. I'll send her $25 right now and then I can let my girlfriend keep it as a keepsake since she wanted it pretty badly as well!

Thank you!

Hope I didn't do a bad thing. I'm sending her 25 now too. Say hi to the girlfriend from all of us HI fans.

I sent her $25 a bit ago. Thanks for that. Girlfriend thanked you for allowing her to have it :p

Great Pix and offerings
thank you for the help

Back