Joe's BME-2 video is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, what is the warranty? Is it like Busse Combat? Is it in writing like Busse?
Is it for life for anything that happens to it?
Of course it's not. No one stands behind their product like Busse Combat. No one can..so you see - its not marketing hype when a company puts their money where their mouth is.
I have to say this just because I am so pedantic... even to my own detriment

But there are plenty of company's who's warranties on paper meet or exceed Busse's- from Esee covering any failure to include abuse for life to White River's covering satisfaction for life.

And many others to include many custom makers.

That's not to say Busse's warranty is bad, just that the industries standard warranty has changed a lot

Last edited:

But there are plenty of company's who's warranties on paper meet or exceed Busse's- from Esee covering any failure to include abuse for life to White River's covering satisfaction for life.

That's not to say Busse's warranty is bad, just that the industries standard warranty has changed a lot
So, do you get a new knife with White River & Esse or do they repair it if it's chipped real bad? Do they just grind it down? That's a HUGE difference in coverage. I know of one company that says it's warrantied for life but, someone knocks a big chip out of it, and it come back looking like nothing when new. - they just put it on the grinder and then handed it back.....

Last edited:
I destroyed 10 dollar Morakniv, but I can't understand why anyone in their right mind would destroy a Busse.
Soon after becoming a widower, in 2016, I had a lot of financial problems to continue raising my daughter, who at the time was only 7 years old, so I had to sell my only Busse, a Team Gemini.
Which I will probably never have the opportunity to have again.
Unfortunately.
Curious was it a TGLB or TG14?

I can confirm I received a brand new knife after a “drunken incident” with a skeleton key a while back.

However busse will provide shop credit of original retail price instead if they are unable to reproduce the exact blade.

Minor damage they will still give the spa treatment. I went through a few of those as well but honestly the knife returned looked about brand new even though it was the same knife. They do top-tier refinishing work.

Last edited:
So, do you get a new knife with White River & Esse or do they repair it if it's chipped real bad? Do they just grind it down? That's a HUGE difference in coverage. I know of one company that says it's warrantied for life but, someone knocks a big chip out of it, and it come back looking like nothing when new. - they just put it on the grinder and then handed it back.....
It depends but both will replace your knife with a new one if necessary. Wrk&t will even change models if you are unsatisfied. With that being said I did have some minor edge issues with an early zero ground knife that they had changed geometry on and in regrinding it to factory geo it looked 100% new- so it depends on the damage and ok the brand I'm sure.

The days of factories actually grinding down and fixing knives are almost completely gone. It doesn't financially make sense, it's easier to just send another.

I know my dad carried an Almar Pathfinder as a Marine that chipped out BADLY while cutting up some madrone and thats what Almar did at the time- it totally ruined the Blade. 👎🏻 (we are talking like, 80's or early 90's here, Almar isn't even really a thing anymore of course)

A few years ago i send a Spyderco Endura with the molded plastic pocket clip to them for some kind of warranty or repair because it broke off. About 2 weeks or so later the knife came back,untouched with a note saying there was nothing they can do; they should have sent a new Endura. That is a real crappy warranty. So Busses warranty looks pretty good to me .

A few years ago i send a Spyderco Endura with the molded plastic pocket clip to them for some kind of warranty or repair because it broke off. About 2 weeks or so later the knife came back,untouched with a note saying there was nothing they can do; they should have sent a new Endura. That is a real crappy warranty. So Busses warranty looks pretty good to me .

Spyderco did the exact same thing with me once! Sent it back untouched with a note saying sorry they dont warranty pocket clips.

Google “Spyderco Warranty”.
They don’t warrant against anything other than defects in manufacturing, materials or workmanship. Very unusual among American knife companies, in my experience. I once asked them to replace a broken blade on a Native at my expense and was turned down.

Wouldn't even offer to sell you a replacement pocket clip? Dayum... 🤔

I own ESEE's and love them. The difference is that if you intentionally break an ESEE, they have already told you you are a moron and they don't want you, but will replace the knife. You are also not likely to get the owner on the phone.

With Busse, I intentionally damaged the mean street and Jerry called me and stated he would love to see the damage up close and if I could send it in. I had it back in 2-3 weeks looking like it had never been touched. The other companies might be better on paper, but certainly not better in practice.

As for our warranty, we should have you covered!

Busse Combat is set up to continue on long after I am gone.

Hopefully, it will be about 30 more years before I go to the great knifemaking shop in the sky!

Currently, there are 6 Busses on the schedule, along with 5 Reckners, with more on their way!

Add to that, another batch of regulars who plan on having their kids work here, and Busse Combat should be a generational knife shop that will carry on for the next 2,000 years!!! 😄

Luckily, they are all very young!

Let's Drink!

Jerry.

(This thread has gone way off-topic and has turned into a duplicate thread about warranties, so we will be locking this one down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back