John Edwards and his Penknife

I just saw on C-Span that John Edwards had a penknife confiscated before a flight (although it was returned later) along with tweezers and scissors. I'm not pushing a political agenda, it's just cool to see a politician who actually carried some sort of knife.:)

Originally posted by anthony cheeseboro
I just saw on C-Span that John Edwards had a penknife confiscated before a flight (although it was returned later) along with tweezers and scissors. I'm not pushing a political agenda, it's just cool to see a politician who actually carried some sort of knife.:)

...and who, because of his political position, had the knife returned. (He's clearly more important than us 'little people' ...Some animals are more equal than others, it seems...)

Also, what kind of an idiot tries to carry a knife onto a plane these days? I HATE the way the regulations are now, but I'm smart enough to empty my pockets before a flight.

Just one man's opinion...

-John

I also heard it refered to as a "pocket knife". I'd love to know what it was. Maybe a Spydie Civilian??:D

Jogn, from what I heard it wasn't a comercial flight. It was a chartered or privit plane.

Originally posted by blastjv
...and who, because of his political position, had the knife returned. (He's clearly more important than us 'little people' ...Some animals are more equal than others, it seems...)

Also, what kind of an idiot tries to carry a knife onto a plane these days? I HATE the way the regulations are now, but I'm smart enough to empty my pockets before a flight.

Just one man's opinion...

-John

Maybe he figured he'd be allowed to take it on the plane for the very reason you mentioned - his political position.
I don't know him - just speculating. 'Cause that's what I do. :)

With politicians everything they do is suspect. He probably figured since he was "somebody" they would let it pass. Now that they didn't, don't be surprised if he starts telling everyone how safe we are because even he was stopped for his little pen knife.

Originally posted by db
Jogn, from what I heard it wasn't a comercial flight. It was a chartered or privit plane.

That might make a difference. I don't have any idea what the regulations regarding private planes are. I imagine it's up to the captain or airline.

-John

PS - part of my strong reaction to this is probably because of my feelings about being treated like a criminal in DC two weeks ago because the metal eyelets on my shoes set off the metal detectors at several museums (I didn't bring any other shoes with me).

Back