John Ek, Richmond, Virginia -- value? (PIC)

hello everyone :)

johnek.jpg

signed up here because i believe this is the right place to ask about this knife.

it is one of the last knives that were made in richmond/va, before the company buyout.

i bought it about 10 years ago and right now i'm thinking about selling it.
(this is not a "for sale ad")

i will probably sell it in here germany but i would appreciate it if somebody could tell me something about the value of this knife. it has very faint scratches on the blade from cutting some hard wood (dumb me). those scratches can only be seen at a certain angle, i took the photo in that angle.
other than cutting some wood to see how sharp it is (i bought it new and didn't know about the collector's value), it has never been used or carried.
i still have the box (it's a bit wrinkled and torn) and that little manual "your silent partner".
so what's the going price for these knives? does it have any collectors value with those scratches?

is it some special edition? is there a website for ek knives, maybe with the various versions?

thanks
:cool:

greetings from germany

hmmm...

maybe i posted it in the wrong forum?

could a moderator be so kind and move this thread to where it belongs (wherever that is) or maybe somebody could point me in the right direction. :)

i'd appreciate your help.

try the Bernard Levine knife identification forum its under general. :)

go check out EBAY, there's usually a bunch for sale, the box and book add to the collector value.

If you look out there now they're all "Ek/Blackjacks" slightly less in value than a Richmond, but still bringing in good prices.

Your's is a Model 3 w/Walnut scales & copper(?) rivets, the early ones had poured lead rivets, till ~ 1988, then they went to the heavy brass X head fastners.

Of the 20+ Richmond Ek's I own, I don't have that specific configuration.

Ek had a a name for that configuration ??? (I think like Warrior or something) basic utilitarian, the steel crossguard (instead of brass), copper rivets, and bead blasted finish, it was an "ecomony" version.

Still worth some decent $$ to a collector.

Back