John Fitch " Damascus Hunter"

This one arrived in the mail today.11" O/A length,
5.5" random pattern damascus blade with .25" blade stock.Sheath by Kenny Rowe.My scans don't do this knife justice it's an awesome package.

That is one fine-looking hunter! Differently than Keith, I really like the contrast of the light-colored leather with the handle. Could you tell us what kind of wood was used for the handle?

Thanks gents.Bugs that's a very good question.I bought the knife from Larry a KnifeArt (excellent service as usual) and it was listed just as exotic hardwood.Any ideas on the wood ,would be much appreciated.

IMHO, the wood looks like curly ash or striped maple that has been dyed......Very nice knife!

Nice knife 'ya got there Stumpy!!!:)

I love Big John's knives. He is one of the custom makers that is on my list.

How do you like the Kenny Rowe sheath?? Does it feel as good as it looks??
The collaboration between these two artists is perfection.

--The Raptor--

Thanks Raptor,
That is my first Fitch knife.The sheath is also the first one I have got from Kenny Rowe and I was not disappointed.He really does excellent leather work.

Congrats Stumpy!

Was talking to John last week and he mentioned that he just finished some hunters and was happy with them. One of the coolest things about John's damascus is that he makes them for performance. There is no doubt that sucker will cut with the best of them not only that getting to know John, his wife and "old Pete" is nothing short of a pleasure.

Now if I can just hold out until next June when that roughed out dagger blade (page 119 in the new Blade issue) gets in my hands again!

Hey Stumpy.You ahve a real nice one there.I had the pleasure to sit next to John all weekend at the Austin Show a few weeks ago.This man does some very clean work.I loved the feel of his knives in my hand.I would like to have one as well.

May be Next show He can get that whip lash he wanted and I can get the Big Bowie I wanted.
Take care
Brad Duncan

http://www.duncanknives.com

Back