John Russell "Green River knife"

A guy i've bought a Rough Rider from over the net, now sells these:

24757138-john-russell-green-river.jpg

I guess they're also chinese? Anyone over here seen/handled them?

ebay link edited out by Blues as we do not link to ebay from this site. Thanks for your cooperation

Markings on the blade say Germany. However, I would not know a fake if I saw one.

The knife I received is shaving sharp on both blades, the fit / finish are great, and both the locked open position and half way position are very tight.

I have not seen them or handled them, but in my opinion, if they really are Chinese made then I will be sick over it.

BTW, What is the price for this knife?

Markings on the blade say Germany. However, I would not know a fake if I saw one.

The knife I received is shaving sharp on both blades, the fit / finish are great, and both the locked open position and half way position are very tight.

WOW, So Stanely, they are stamped Germany?

Boker is/was producing Russell knives in Germany under contract from Dexter-Russell.

I agree... it looks like a Barlow IMO. The original 'Green River' knives were fairly basic fixed blade hunting knives.

I've been thinking about picking up one of these also. I'm pretty sure they're German, most likely made by Boker.

SMKW sells those also, and advertises that they are made in Germany.

-Bob

I'll mail the guy to ask what the markings on the blade say.

He asks 45 euro for it, which seems pretty steep to me...

WOW, So Stanely, they are stamped Germany?

Yes sir they are stamped Germany.

I should have stated that mine is the typical two blade Barlow design and not a single larger blade like the one listed above. Mine does however say "Russell and Green River" etc on the blade.

I really like mine.

My apologies to Blues for posting the e-bay link. I was unaware that as a no-no here. Thank you for the correction.

No apology necessary, Stanley. Welcome aboard!

I have pretty much the same one as pictured but mine is the easy open style. It is a solid knife and stamped made in Germany. I have used mine quite a bit and it holds an edge well and cuts great. Joe

Compared to that eknifeworks price, the dutch guy's 45 euro is way too much i guess, even with shipping costs and customs i think i could get one cheaper from the US...

I have a 2 blade Barlow from Russell in green sawn bone with spear point blade. It is a small Barlow with carbon blades and SS bolster and stamped Solingen Germany, as is the box.Looks like the genuine thing to me and is a really worthwhile knife to use around the garden, with excellent finish.

45 Euro (60+ dollar) is well steep. Bought mine from the US for around 32 dollar-I realize this is not the grandaddy Barlow but anyway)

Very pleased with mine has quality&character:thumbup:

Back