Joined the ranks!

Got me an EDC in a trade w/ cash from Jeremy yesterday! I'll set the tone of the review right off the bat by saying that it's one of the best knife purchases that I have made. Ever.

I love the knife. It's size, shape, feel, materials, and quality of overall design.

For about a year or a bit more, I've carried a Busse Skeleton Warden along with a Swamp Rat Rat Trap and a Byrd Byrdwrench everyday. When opportunity or need arose, I also tossed my BATAC on my belt or in my bag. Pretty quickly, I realized that while I loved the blades I was using, I could eliminate some weight if I could get a fixed blade that sat between the BATAC and Skelly. Plus, the BATAC is a bit big for everyday stuff to me and the Skelly is a bit small for my hands.

The Horton EDC gives me exactly what I was hoping for and it feels phenomenal in my hands.

I had the opportunity to go up in to the mountains near here today and after hacking on some dead trees, the EDC was still nice and sharp with no marks or scuffs. I also used the blade after I cleaned it up to cut some fruits and bags of chips open. Nothing all that exciting but it made short work of them. So, it's been so far, so good! With the exception of slightly blunting the tip after dropping it accidentally on rocky ground.:grumpy: Otherwise, she's been a champ.

I'm liking the EDC so much, that I'm thinking of either skipping or just getting one Scrapper 5. I had planned on at least three but honestly at this point, I'd rather get a couple more Horton EDCs. For me and what I like in knife and my typical uses, the EDC is about perfect.

Now I just have to save up and think up some ideas for my next one and hope that Jeremy is up for some of my craziness.:D

Which brings me to another point. Jeremy was awesome to deal with. I traded him a Muddy Skeleton Warden + cash for the EDC and he was really cool about giving me time to find the kydex sheath for the Skelly. I had lost it in the mess I call a house and felt really bad for not getting the blade off to him in a really quick fashion but he was always cool and very helpful with the info over the entire course of the deal. It's not even a question of if I will deal with him again, just a question of when.

Thanks for the awesome knife Jeremy!:D:D:thumbup:

Thanks, friend, the tips of those d-2. Edc are so thin, but that makes me happy, at 59 RC. D-2 slightly blunting when dropped on tip. on rocks Is a heat treat sucess, one day when you have something to send, send her in, I'm in good with the warranty repair guy, again, thanks, so much,
Jeremy

The blunting's something that I can take care of in a minute or two with my Sharpmaker or some sand paper once I get those skills down. Very, very minor. I'm actually going to start perfecting my sharpening techniques because I have a little Kershaw Shallot that when full on, is the scariest sharp knife I've ever handled. I want to get the EDC to those levels. The EDC being thicker is going to be a challenge but hopefully I can get her there.

Like I said too, I'm already cooking up ideas for the next one or two EDCs! Like a thin, ground down to .165-ish EDC in S7 so it's incredibly tough but a demon of a slicer and an A-2 with a false edge along the clip of the blade with Carbon Fiber handles.:D:D

You up for something like that in the future Jeremy? It'd be a bit of a ways off but those are the ideas I'm kicking around. Plus, hoping you can get the tools and equipment to make folders.

No camera.:( All my money goes to knives and guitars.

I can officially say that she's mine now too. Seeing as how I have a nice little slice on my finger from her as of an hour ago...

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome here.

I've been carrying my Horton EDC since I got it and am incredibly satisfied with it. I ghettoized a sheath from cardboard and duct tape that actually works quite a bit better than I thought it would.

The knife's still sharp and feels just as good in my hands now as it did new. I actually like it more now than I did when I first got it if you can believe that. I can't compliment Jeremy enough on this design. I'm really looking forward to more EDCs with the blade shape of the TS. Seems like a great new direction.

So, I'd just like to say thanks again to everyone for being cool and thanks again to Jeremy for an outstanding knife.:thumbup:

Oh and I'd post a tune, but then I'd be forced to leave due to my horrendous playing.:D

Back