JOKER NOMAD - Forum Impressions? Bohler N695 SS?

What do you think about the new JOKER NOMAD Bushcraft & Surival Knife?

• Total voters

Anyone have any experience with Spanish Joker knives? How about Bohler N695 Stainless Steel? I've seen the specs, just looking for any feedback on the practical use of this steel.

Thanks!

N695 is equivalent to 440C. Once 440C was the ants pants. The fact is it still is a great steel if one doesn't get hung up with marketing hype about other super steels. How can I say this about 440C? I guess 35 years plus experience with various knife steels around the globe. I don't know this model but certainly Joker make good knives, that's for sure.

N695 is equivalent to 440C. Once 440C was the ants pants. The fact is it still is a great steel if one doesn't get hung up with marketing hype about other super steels. How can I say this about 440C? I guess 35 years plus experience with various knife steels around the globe. I don't know this model but certainly Joker make good knives, that's for sure.

Thanks good info. Knifemaker Jay Fisher too says it is still a great steel. Here:

"440C has been around a while. It's not a new, exciting, or proprietary steel, it's not a gimmick, not a flash in the pan. It's been around a while strictly because it is a very good steel; it has staying power. The same thing can be said of D2, the extremely high carbon die steel, and the same can be said of O1, oil hardening tool and die steel. These (and many others) are not new steels, and thus, they are not as exciting as some of the newer alloys.

There are some interesting things about knife steel alloys that makers and manufacturers seldom talk about. It's the constant attempt to hype-sell the steel, to present some new and exciting alloy as the best, the superior, the finest, the optimum, the top quality, the most durable, the most attractive, and the most valuable. Every one of these descriptive words mean absolutely nothing about the final finished product of a hand knife, nothing at all! These are not terms defined and recorded in any engineer's handbook, in any American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reference, in any ASME, or ASTM, or ANSI charts or literature about steels. They are sales adjectives created to make certain knives more appealing. So when someone comes up with a new alloy, they give it a new name or number, and then throw out those tiresome adjectives in hopes of hooking a fish or two that are excited about that shiny lure of a new steel. This is advertising 101, and I hope you recognize the process. I advertise too, but I do it with reams of hard text and hundreds of photos and testimonials. Sell the fluff or sell the facts and experience."

He has a very long article on 440C I found that is good read. https://www.jayfisher.com/440C_Love_Hate.htm

Back