Junges V3551N4 lock failed

gotgoat

Gold Member
was using my kizer junges and noticed the lock does not engage very well if at all
Warning for other users

I had the same problem with mine. I could close it quite easily with my index finger without disengaging the lock.

I wonder if there's something peculiar about the lock geometry on this model, or if we just both got lemons? I've never had a problem with any other Kizer knife from the Vanguard line.

I never noticed till I cut a few things and it closed on me
it doesn't look like the lock could engage, it was catching on the detent until it got used some

I picked up a Junges that had been returned by the original buyer back to the seller. Got a good price on it, knowing that it had “early” lock engagement. Crikey, out of the box it had NO lock engagement. I did start fidgeting with it, flicking it HARD with the flipper tab, and noticed that doing this resulted in enough lock up that it felt secure. After doing some online research, I decided to take the knife apart and gently file down the end of the frame that is supposed to lock. I started with a diamond file, but ended up using a somewhat coarse grinding stone. Just kind of polished the end. All back together, and viola!... perfect engagement and secure lock-up.

So it does sound like there may have been a run of these knives that had some tolerance issues. If you’re comfortable taking it apart, it’s an easy fix. But I do hope Kizer fixes the issue. Most people will not want to dismantle their brand new knife.

Here’s what it looks like now. Still a little early, but I know that with use that will change. GREAT knife, otherwise.
Birepf6.jpg

Back