I picked up a Junges that had been returned by the original buyer back to the seller. Got a good price on it, knowing that it had “early” lock engagement. Crikey, out of the box it had NO lock engagement. I did start fidgeting with it, flicking it HARD with the flipper tab, and noticed that doing this resulted in enough lock up that it felt secure. After doing some online research, I decided to take the knife apart and gently file down the end of the frame that is supposed to lock. I started with a diamond file, but ended up using a somewhat coarse grinding stone. Just kind of polished the end. All back together, and viola!... perfect engagement and secure lock-up.
So it does sound like there may have been a run of these knives that had some tolerance issues. If you’re comfortable taking it apart, it’s an easy fix. But I do hope Kizer fixes the issue. Most people will not want to dismantle their brand new knife.
Here’s what it looks like now. Still a little early, but I know that with use that will change. GREAT knife, otherwise.