Just A Picture - Traditional Picture Show

+1 Beautiful! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Fantastic pic Ratbert!

Thanks...was up in the western North Carolina mountains today. They had quite a bit of snow earlier in the week and ice had melted and refroze in some interesting patterns on top of a fence post.
I had my Delta Jack with me in case any photo ops presented themselves. Very happy with this offering from KSF.
I know others have had some issues, but this one is spot on. My first knife in burlap micarta and I have to say I’m impressed.

4MtqAuO.jpg

Just was at my local Japanese knife sharpener. Took some pictures of the finer wares he is hawking. I have always found it fascinating that not only are western makers producing knives in traditional Japanese style, but Japanese makers are producing knives in traditional western style.

Ohta knives. (These are outstanding)
uZBVbhE.jpg

Just was at my local Japanese knife sharpener. Took some pictures of the finer wares he is hawking. I have always found it fascinating that not only are western makers producing knives in traditional Japanese style, but Japanese makers are producing knives in traditional western style.

Ohta knives. (These are outstanding)
uZBVbhE.jpg
Nice looking Ohtas! You'll find a number of us that have Hiroaki Ohta's knives. I'm a big fan of his work myself.

Nice looking Ohtas! You'll find a number of us that have Hiroaki Ohta's knives. I'm a big fan of his work myself.

His work is just exceptional. My favourite of those four is the black spear point. They had a couple lockbacks by Takeda Hamono with beautiful forged blades too. They had backlocks though so can't post em here.

Anybody need anything skinned? Devin Thomas stainless damascus in his Sharkstooth pattern and mammoth ivory for the handle:

moVW2oZ.jpg

There is almost a reptillian scale feel to this damascus:

wFDNUVg.jpg

Its so sharp arm hairs take a nose dive while its still in its sheath:

NRnp0Zq.jpg

Back