just another izula bite.....

yep guys...it happened.

Had it hanging around my neck and was pulling the rope taught on the handle through the loop and it slipped outta the sheath and bit me.

Funny thing is,

When it happened, i jumped my hands back and was like sh!t, i hope i didn't just cut myself, and i looked all over my hand and nothing, and i thought about it and i was pretty sure something had struck my middle finger.

So i'm looking it at, and sure enough, slowly that little red line faded in and then started running. never felt a thing. My hand didn't even know it had been cut! if that wasn't a sign of it's sharpness I don't know what is!

without further ado,

the photos.

Right after the bite
0d35e3c2.jpg

after washing it off, my camera acted up so it came out as a bright red blood.
9429654f.jpg

Glad to see you guys got to know each other a little better!! Lol izulas are sweet blades, hope you heal up quick bro.

Thank God im not the only one who has lost flesh to this little bugger. I just got mine and promptly started slicing everything in sight: including my appendages. I was wrapping mine in cord with it in the sheath between my knees and when I cinched my knot it flew out of that sheet like a banshee. Sliced across my first three fingers. Boy did I feel like an idiot....wait, I still do. At least everyone else is getting nicked a little too.

Yeah buddy nice and scary sharp. When they bite they bite hard. I never been bitten by an izula but my 5 got me pretty good once. Hope it heals fast for you man.

I was just bit myself last week in the exact same spot (middle finger, left hand). More of a playful nip than a bite though.

Looks like it got you good! Very sharp little critters for sure! I'm lucky I haven't been bitten.... yet....

Uh-oh. The general wisdom is, when Izula bites, ESEEs will be more addicting to you. I guess, they put something there that makes you want more :D

Man, you two are cold. Do you know how much pressure it took to squeeze that much blood out of that little hole? Now that's quite an accomplishment!

I had a pretty good one a couple weeks ago where I almost cut off the tip of my thumb. It wasn't that bad but I was bitchin up a storm.

Hah! This thread got resurrected somehow. I was just checking the forums and saw the title of "just another izula bite" and thought, here we go again some new guy cut himself playing with an izula, I clicked the post and started reading, haha. As you can I quickly realized who that new guy was. Hahah it's been almost month and haven't had an izula or any bite for that matter since! Guess once or twice is enough to teach you to know better!

Back