Just back from Orlando... Randaom Randall thoughts

I am in love with Randall knives. The shop is such a great place, and I have such an appreciation for the collection they ahve there. I estimated that there must ahve been 50k in custom Randalls in just one of the cases-- truly magnificent pieces, of course.

What I am posting about, besides proclaiming my love for Randalls, is my new plan to build a collection: My birthday is coming up in a month, and I have decided that, as a present to myself, I am going to order a new Randall for myself on every birthday. This way I will never have to wait more than a year for another Randall after my initial wait.

Next in this discombobulated jumble of Radnall thoguhts, I felt a Border Ptrol handle while I was down there, and have decided that it is the most comfortable handle I have ever felt. It fills the hand but is not uncomfortably large. It has a distinct look to it, and I was quite partial to the gorgeous red micarta of this particular knife.

You will be glad to know taht the business is in good hands, as Gary said taht both of his sons are into knifemaking now. They are keeping the name and the reputation alive wonderfully, and I am continually amazed at the quality of the product and the people at Randall.

Finally, what do you think of the old style #8-4" (as illustrated in the non standard part of the catalog) as a daily carry/ concealment piece? It looks like it has a good shape for utility, and it is double edged and seemingly suitable for defense. Thoughts?

This is one of my favorite blades. Even more so now that it is available in stainless.
It comes standard with a reduced hilt which I do not like. I always order mine with a single hilt. The only other thing I almost always want is a really outstanding piece of wood in the handle. Greg

I can't stand it anymore! Randall's, Randall's, Randall's!

We too want a #8-4, with a brass full double hilt, modern grind, stacked leather handle, and duraluminum cap...in SS of course.

A mini #1 if you will...

Greg, if I don't find one of these at the Oregon show, I'll be placing another order with you when we get back...

Now, please hurry the delivery on that #26-25...lol

Buds,

Mel

p.s. 'Good on ya Stiletto'...you're on the right track now... :D

Back