Just bought a Spyderco Endura

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Syderco Endura for work (i'm a Paramedic in Australia) and also for general carry. I thinks it's great, but i don't know much about knives. After I bought it I found out about this website...discussions all about knives.

So, with the brilliance of hindsight, is the Endura a good general purpose knife? Have I bought a good knife?

Thanks for your help everyone. (PS. it is a serated blade)

First off, welcome to the forums. Second, the Endura is a wonderful knife, so don't think twice about using it.

I have a Delica. The Endura is it's larger brother. They are both highly regarded, classic blades and have a great following here.

You have made a good choice I reckon. Let us know what you think of it after you've carried it for a couple of weeks or so.

And may I say Welcome to the Forums :)

The Endura is an excellent choice IMHO. I plan on using my Endura this summer at work also. The Endura is just the right size for me to carry in my pocket, it's big enough to handle any task and small enough not to be a hinderance. I think you made a great choice, enjoy your new knife and welcome to Bladeforums.

Excellent choice! I have a plain-edge lightweight Endura and it's the only big folder I carry. Living in a hot climate I love that I can clip it to the cargo pocket on my shorts and feel like it's not even there. But when it comes time to work, the Endura will take anything that's thrown at it.

There are fancier knives than the Endura, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one better in a functional sense. The design is a classic and the blade steel is among the best. It easily competes with knives that cost more than twice as much.

You made an excellent choice!

--Bob Q

Gerard122,Welcome to the Forums.You've made an excellent choice in knives and in knife discussion forums.My EDC for around 15 years has been one of two FRN Enduras.I own lots of other knives but I choose to carry this one.tom.;)

I have 2 Enduras(FRN and SS) handles.It was made to fit my hand.My favorite folder.

Welcome. You made an excellent choice. I've had an SE Endura since 1991 and it has never let me down. The Endura has excellent ergonomics and is big enough for most purposes without being too big. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

The FRN Endura SE is a GREAT workhorse of a knife. I rotate mine with my Blue Rescue SE for work carry and it has seen alot of HARD use, all the while it just keeps cutting and cutting. :cool:

It is a great knife. I have the stainless version. Either it or my newly aquired Police model (Thanks Ken) is with me every day. Welcome to the forums.
I am getting too many favorites....

... to find many people who do not have a Spyderco here of some type. The Endura is an excellent knife and very reliable. It has a good history. You made a great choice. I have both the actual knife and trainer. Good luck with your purchase. You will be quite happy with it, I am sure.

The Endura in VG-10, has the best steel that Japan produces. It really seems to bite into what you are cutting.

The Endura/Delica is one of those rare designs that just lends itself to a variety of uses. A very verstile design that is very well executed.

Paul

Yes, the Endura is an escellent knife. I've been using one for the last five years and have found nothing better as an everyday use blade. Enjoy!

I've got a 97 endura that has seen edc since I got it. I have never had it let me down, and I've used it for all manner of horrible jobs..

Welcome to BF.

I think you made a great choice.

I have an Endura, VG-10 full serations that has seen some good service. Enjoy!

I refer to my Fully Serrated VG-10 FRN Endura as a "Folding Chainsaw". It is a Machine!!!
Great choice & welcome to the forums!

Back