Off Topic Just 'cause there's pics , don't necessarily mean it happened as claimed ! Or at all . So why do you all say that " Pics or didn't happen " ?

Photos and even videos , especially in this digital age , are not good evidence / proof of anything , really .

If the intent is to deceive , defraud , or simply disinform ...it's easy to do so with digital media .

Sometimes all that's needed is to supply a bogus explanation with a genuine photo . The power of suggestion does the rest .

Photos can be misleading , even unintentionally , if the photographer isn't careful .

So , if I don't trust the source already , I wouldn't put too much weight on a photo to change my mind .

Why would you ??? o_O

Or maybe this expression is just a way of asking for pics ?

I understand that . Pics are cool . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It has been my experience that most liars are actually pretty lazy...
Creating evidence: would be too much of a hassle...

Did I fall out of my Way-Back machine and land in 2005? ;) Who still says that in seriousness?

In my mind, "pics or it didn't happen" is a coy gesture of asking for but not expecting photographic proof of something either mundane yet surprising or flirtatious.
I text my wife, "Well I finally got the garage cleaned out!"
As i have been putting it off for 5 years, "Pics or it didn't happen!" would be her reply.

Or she might text before an evening out, "I'm going to grab a shower real quick so that I can be ready to go when you get home at 6"

"Pics or it didn't happen..🤤"

"Shut up🙄. Don't be late"

I think pictures on the forum are telling. Yes, you could get someone who would do some digital doctoring, but that's pretty rare. Most people just want their beef with a manufacturer aired out in puffery and hyperbolic terms. They want no real closure nor restitution. They just want to angrily rage at windmills until they get all the negative attention they want or flame out under the swift merciful blow of the ban hammer.

Most of them are too lazy/stupid to edit an image. Most of them are also aware enough to know that you can reverse search an image and find out where it came from. Then it's time for a forum tar and feather party.

My meager collection.

pItD0xx.jpg

It’s funny the things this forum tolerates vs the things that set everyone off.
Like someone complaining about an unsharpened knife = bad, but countless threads like “My knife next to my gas cap” = good.

Last edited:
It’s funny the things this forum tolerates vs the things that set everyone off.
Like someone complaining about an unsharpened knife = bad, but countless threads like “My knife next to my gas cap” = good.
Well to be fair it's a person who has made a series of hyperbolic claims in a short period of time with no follow up to clarify them.

A picture of a knife and a gas cap is merely that. There's less need for debate around that although a case could be made to exclude capless systems since they have no cap and diesel powered vehicles since they don't run on gas. We'll burn those bridges when we come to them.

Back