Just found something ugly!

huh

While I was browsing on the Internet, I found the administrator of a Chinese kinfe website posted a thread on its own discussion board with the title "Every knife breaks". In the thread, he attached the broken Basic #5 and just said "See how busse knife is broken." I know the purpose of this guy is trying to sell his Strider knives, cause this guy doesn't have any busse knives in stock while many Chinese friends have been talking about how busse knives outperform striders recently.

Yes, that is ugly. Is it possible for you to send me a link to that website, I'd like to take a look at it.

You know what I think is funny about this whole thing? So a knife broke, big deal, anything can break if you stress it enough.

1)I think it is funny that others have made comments/concerns about the Basic 5 breaking and yet Owen, the knives owner said himself that he was using it and had been using for something it wasn't intended. And yet, Jerry still said he'd replace it.
The Busse Warranty is incredible and so is the Guy behind it.

2) I haven't seen the website but if you state that they are selling another Brand of knives, then THEY must think highly of Busse to compare their brand to one.
Or at least be concerned enough to try and dissuade others from buying one. :D:D It is obvious that Busse is the Leader in Nuclear Tough knives and others feel it necessary to try and point out any flaws they can find, real or otherwise :D

I just think it is amazing how many people think this is a big deal, you know what I say "Big Deal" ;):):D I think Owen should be commended for doing something many of us have tried and been unable to do ;):D:D

Rant Off :)

Thanks for the heads up, if possible forward me a link at e_isaacs@bellsouth.net

As Eric notes, ANYTHING will break if subjected to enough force.

Hmmmm ...... Lemme see here. I wanna run some numbers. A while back Cliff broke a Busse blade. And now Owen joins that elite group. So that makes ... lessee ... uh, yeah .... that's TWO broken Busses. They were both broken under EXTRA-ordinary circumstances, but Jerry's up to replacing them under warranty anyway.

Considering that Jerry's sold quite a few thousand blades, we're looking at a failure rate of what -- oh maybe 0.0002% or less. I'll take odds like that on a knife maker's quality any day. ;) :rolleyes: :D :D :D :cool:

Maybe that Chinese website dude doesn't have a calculator or much math aptitude. ... Or a Busse. ;)

p.s. Yes, please post a link to the website. It would be interesting and educational to check it out.

:mad:I'd like to see a link to that, too.
And I'd like to meet the guy that's using that pic to push his product, and break one of his Striders off in his...you know.

I think this is funny. You tell a guy he can't break something,
and what is the 1st thing he tries to do??? BREAK IT!!!!!
I'm sure a bunch of people have tried to break their Busse's on purpose, just cause someone said it can't be done!!!

Well Huh, forwarded me the link to the website, and unfortunately I can't read Chinese so I don't know what is going on.:):D

However, from what Huh told me in his email it sounds as the administrator of the site bumped a lot of other threads to bury the Busse one after Huh posted a reply.

Interesting ;):D

Ditto what you guys said. This reminds me of an old Chinese saying that goes something like this:

"Only the best wood gets cut."

Back