1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Just got a Knifeworks Exclusive Benchmade 810.

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by wade7575, Jun 12, 2019.

1. wade7575

wade7575

Apr 3, 2013
    @sickpuppy1 here are the Pic's you wanted to see.

I just have to take it apart and mod the blade a bit I need to grind the edge forwards just a bit,you can see how there is a line where Benchmade stops the plunge grind or whatever it's called the edge goes behind that line just a a bit and when you sharpen the whole edge you ride the stone up onto the ramped section section where they stop the grind and that will cause the center section of the blade to wear uneven when you sharpen it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edgeoflife and Beansandcarrots like this.
  2. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Thanks Wade. Something about the colors and cuts of that knife I just really like. I have the basic green 940 and love the knife, but that version is just.....Damn!

3. wade7575

wade7575

Apr 3, 2013
    I was thinking about getting the M4 version of this knife and I really don't like the scales the straight black just looks like trash because of the G10 or Nylon that Benchmade use's and I'm not a big fan of Benchmades G10 scales they just look like something you'd find at the dollar store.

The scales that Aramis Akhmedov makes for this knife in carbon fiber should have been an option from Benchmade this knife screams I want carbon fiber if you ask me.

Beansandcarrots likes this.
  4. scottc3

scottc3 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2014
    No counting for taste I guess, I really like this m390! I put a set of the M4 810 scales on my 810-1401, and now it is perfect!;)

5. scottc3

scottc3 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Well, I have some ideas that require a machine shop, but that would make it a big folder grail.:D